Club Badge (merged)

nope still dont like it .... even in a comparison style in CFG brand ...

CXAtyOeWMAEprRN.jpg

Certainly agree with the narrower outer circle as this at least lets the shield appear to be the correct size, not as is present, simply too large.

The Football Club would be nice but the omission of that is subjective to the individual, unlike the incorrectly sized shield and the ridiculously wide gauge outer band.

I will be so disappointed if these minor but massively beneficial tweaks aren't made.

For the last 40 years I was under the impression that the change of name in 1894 was to attract more fans, and to be honest if it was done for marketing reasons of course they are going to claim it is a new club for the whole of Manchester. I'm not convinced at all by this change in formation dates, such as how could city be re-elected into division 2 in 1984 if they didn't already exist? Surely Ardwick would have had to have resigned from the league?
Ardwick was a dying club and wouldn't have been re elected. MCFC was elected, not re elected.

I've had the monochrome dark blue one as my phone wallpaper all day and it's grown on me. Still not convinced by the full coloured one, as it's just too busy

Inconsistent application of shading, several elements that violate basic design principles (like the unbalanced use of white space and the poor positional lines of the shield relative to the proportions of the whole), and the use of "trending" design styles which are usually reserved for more transient applications (rather than longer term branding initiatives).

In the end most things outside of hard science are opinions, but they did reference generally accepted design principles that were ignored (and others have already discussed in this thread).

It's not horrific, it's just not good design and I suppose I expect more from our generally excellent executive/management team.

Right. Erm thanks for the info. I'm guessing that there will be a description with the official badge release. I appreciate what your saying i just dont understand those points that well. I suppose if i was to look at the version with the correct principles next to this one i could comment further.

Wonder if they'll have Hugh Ferris doing a big pre-match count down or, now that it's out, will it just get a passing mention at HT when everyone is off for a piss, puff or pint!

Hope it's the latter, as any big reveal of something that is no longer a surprise and quite frankly is not great could get boos to rival the UEFA anthem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.