Club Badge (merged)

OK, I'll try to help you out:

Take Google, type "NYCFC" then tap on images.
Take a screenshot
Repeat step one substituting NYCFC with MELBOURNE CITY FC
Take another screenshot
Now compare your nice new screenshots and look for corporate identity clues, brand consistency if you like, and make a mental note. Things like, oh...I don't know, colour schemes, fonts, etc. See any patterns emerging? Anything that makes you think "it almost looks like these two clubs are somehow Linked" possibly?

Now examine the "new" badge...

I'll leave it there.
How do you explain them paying £170 fee plus £50 for each extra class (for use of various items from mugs to clothing), of which there are a number of then?

Could have been better, could have been worse. Very much like the monochrome versions though. Home one is far from horrible IMO however there are some things that will bug me:

1) The shield poking out
2) Would have liked a pointed top to the shield
3) Not having FC anywhere
4) The fact that Manchester is curved, yet City is straight? This one will definitely bug me the most.
K2687sL.jpg
Just those couple of changes make it look far better for me.

Overall though I think it's good enough, there were going to be people unhappy whatever the outcome - it'll look fine on the kits so I'm satisfied.

Think id gotten that bored thinking about it i was always going to end up feeling a little underwhelmed. Wasn't expecting the rose to come back but all in all I think its ok. Looks pretty decent on the shirts too. Its round, it has the ship, the rivers and the words Manchester city on it. Beats the eagle and stars hands down!

Still not 100% its the real thing. The club could've registered a few designs with the department of intellectual property for all we know.

Could it be just the elements that are registered and they're free to tweak when they feel the need.

It does grow on you but for some reason the rose and rivers are looking a bit awkward to me. It's the all blue background I think

So you're guessing then ? no concrete evidence. Thanks.

That has been lifted from a government official site, not "leaked", and City have paid for that.

Well I'm no ITK if that's what you mean.

I'm sure City would baulk at spending another £150 if they changed their mind about that badge...

I suppose we're stuck with it then. Apologies for any confusion caused.

It does grow on you but for some reason the rose and rivers are looking a bit awkward to me. It's the all blue background I think
dont mind that it's the shield overlapping the inner circle that makes no sense and the city being straight and 1894 in a different shade. It's quite a bizzare thing the more you look at it totally disjointed

Some were always going to be disappointed. Obviously and selfishly I hoped I wasn't one of them. It's that overlapping shield, utter wank.

Ah well, what's done is done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.