Club Badge (merged)

Don't like it particularly.
The "CITY" should be curved within the circles to match the "MANCHESTER" at the top - it looks like they've forgotten. Just like they've forgotten we are a football club. Perhaps those that designed it aren't aware we've been taking the piss out of you know who for removing those words from their badge.
And I don't get over-excited by the old round badge as I remember watching football before it was introduced. In those days we only had a badge for cup finals and that was the city coat of arms.
At least we've got rid of the Super-beer nonsense.
As for the stars; I didn't really care that they meant nothing in England but something relevant in Italy, we don't play in Serie A.
Ultimately the current badge was immediately recognisable as ours. If the new one achieves the same status then it will be OK.
If the club designed a badge that made every single fan/poster happy then it would have to be an enormous fucking badge. How the hell are the club supposed to appease everyone? They have consulted, and have taken into account a composite view of thousands of respondents, so fair fucking play to them

Don't like it particularly.
The "CITY" should be curved within the circles to match the "MANCHESTER" at the top - it looks like they've forgotten. Just like they've forgotten we are a football club. Perhaps those that designed it aren't aware we've been taking the piss out of you know who for removing those words from their badge.
And I don't get over-excited by the old round badge as I remember watching football before it was introduced. In those days we only had a badge for cup finals and that was the city coat of arms.
At least we've got rid of the Super-beer nonsense.
As for the stars; I didn't really care that they meant nothing in England but something relevant in Italy, we don't play in Serie A.
Ultimately the current badge was immediately recognisable as ours. If the new one achieves the same status then it will be OK.
You remember watching football before the round badge was introduced in at least the 1930's (up until the eagle)? I don't feel so old now.

Love it!! It's simple and says exactly who we are. I loved the old round badge but this one is new and improved to show the world who we are. Cmon city!!!

The lit up model that was on display in the hut was a totally different animal than the one dimensional pictures on here.
It looked superb .no use saying if we did this or that
That's the badge just like the team who has elements in it we don't like ,we need to get behind it.

just to clarify a point gary james made. it wasn't "the rose" itself that was popular with 1894 group - it was the 1972 badge itself that was popular with 1894. the old rose badge in its' entirety together with MANCHESTER CITY F.C. in full around the badge. That was the badge 1894 campaigned for really. Before the consultation process started , we asked people if they liked the "eagle" badge or the one before it, the "rose" badge and 75% of fans we spoke to preferred the rose one out of those two. Also the feedback we had was that whilst the rose represented Lancashire and Manchester was not part of Lancashire from 1974, historically it was and during the 70s, 80s and 90s, Manchester still wasn't part of Lancashire and yet no-one complained about the rose badge then when the players wore it . So we didn't see a problem going back tot hat old badge. What we have now is a variation of that badge with FC removed just to accommodate 18 .. 94. QPR gave their fans 4 choices to choose from. We have not had such a choice and how many people at the consultations would have said "i think we should remove FC from the badge" - NO ONE ! So it wasn't really a decision influenced by the fans. Of course when presented with the badges from the past, people are going to say "i like the ship" "i like the rivers " "i like the rose" etc, so they would be considered by the club as part of the design anyway. But to take FC off the badge - no one asked for that. The new badge will have enough elements to be popular and for those undecided it may well grow on people. However leaving FC off leaves the club open to question- United did the same with their badge simply to make the "brand" more recognisable at first glance to worldwide supporters buying their merchandise. Did we do the same ?

I know I'm going to get mullered off the traditionalists on here, but think that if the sky blue round the inner badge matched the colour on whatever away kit it was on, would look superb and make the badge stand out

I am deeply concerned that with FC missing we will be attracting plastic fans who start supporting us thinking we're a netball side.
Other than that, I think it's fantastic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.