Club Statement (confirmed that Mancini sacked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paulmcfc2703 said:
joe_canada said:
From Twitter:

View From A Blue ‏@viewfromablue 1m
Andrea Mancini, Roberto's son, now wading into it. "Money can't buy class, show some respect for the manager that made you win after 44yrs."
He's got a big mouth. Takes after his dad

Just like your Dad showed respect to the man who gave him the money to achieve that success in the first place. You're right Andrea - money can't buy class but no money won't help you win after 44 years. Let's see your Dad go and be a winner with Norwich.

Danamy said:
nickson71 said:
Danamy said:
Agree

One chapter finishes, another begins...........exciting times ahead I feel

should be interesting

would how long it will take to appoint the new manager

I find the line in the statement about Kidd taking charge of the US tour interesting, unless it's a red herring of course?

Why? If the new manager is coming from La Liga their season still has 3 rounds of matches to go so it's unlikely he could take up the post until June.

It's big business at Man City now...no doubt he was set up for a fall in my mind from the seasons beginning because he did not fit the Barca-esque model our new Spanish top dogs want to employ...If they turn City into a world footballing force with that decision then this will all be forgotten and forgiven but it's a big fucking IF.

I think that the decision may well prove to be right but it was handled very badly.

I liked Bobby Manc and what I saw under his tenure. I'll miss him.

Thanks for the 5-1 at the Lane.
For the 6-1 at the Swamp and for that smile at the end.
For that display of pure football power in the 1-0 over Utd at the Etihad in last seasons title run in and for giving Fergie shit on the touchline.
For that Aguerooooooooo moment. Etched in my consciousness for ever.
For the FA Cup semi win over the Rags. Top top weekend in London.
For a superb semi final performance against Chelsea only recently.
For The FA Cup win against Stoke.
For dicking Utd again in their own back yard when they were Champions elect.
For putting City back on the map.

It was a blast. You put a smile back on this City fans face and for that I thank You enormously.

Good Luck Bobby Mancini.

Mayor West said:
What the fuck are you all so angry about??

A manager has been removed from a fucking football club. That is all.

You bunch of fucking drama queens.

Same as,thanks for the great memories Roberto, the highs of last season will never be beaten. This year has not felt quite right, never really got going , something obviously not right. Lets trust our owner, get behind the new manager, whoever it may be and wipe the smile of all them gloating,glory hunting,wanky Raggys.

red 2 hats said:
While Bobby is getting a bit of sun on his back at the weekend and thinking about how best to spend his multi million pound pay off, I've got an idea.
I'm gonna set up a stall outside Eastlands selling tissues and candles, perhaps all the mard arses can hold some kind of scouse type vigile while holding a candle and wiping away their tears, whilst singing pro Mancini songs and anti owner songs.
I will get the fire brigade on standby for all the season ticket cards that will get burnt.
Man up and move on, good manager gone yes, but not a great one.

shouldn't you and your men in pink mates be out hitting women and children?

chesterbells said:
kippax81 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Some of the reactions on here are preposterous.

I have good memories of Roberto and what he has delivered, but it's football management: a well paid, yet brutal and unforgiving job. He knew this when he embarked on this career path: he has followed in others' wake before and he will again. That is the nature of the game of football management.

None of us can know the sub-plot to this decision, at least at the moment. I'm not saying that this is the case, but if his relationships have broken down beyond the point of critical mass, then there's no turning back from that. That's the way of the world.

Our owners deserve our absolute trust to make the right decisions. Does anyone seriously think Mancini would have come to City if Taskin was still in charge or worse, we were in administration? On that basis anyone egregiously criticising them is being foolish.

I cannot argue with any of that.
Good luck Bob and thank you
Thanks Roberto, you've given me the best footballing memories of my life, but you got to manage my football club for three and a half years and were well rewarded for doing it, which is why my reserves of sympathy are not limitless at your dismissal, or even the nature of it. There plenty of people on this board struggling to find work who are far more deserving of my sympathies.

He'll get over this and move forward, as will City. City is what really matters, individuals are just extras passing through. People shouldn't lose sight of that.

Fully endorse that sentiment GDM, great post

Ditto!

MSP said:
joe_canada said:
From Twitter:

View From A Blue ‏@viewfromablue 1m
Andrea Mancini, Roberto's son, now wading into it. "Money can't buy class, show some respect for the manager that made you win after 44yrs."

No, but your daddy can arrange you train and play at one of the best clubs while being utter shit.

I agree he should show more respect to the club who've allowed him to use their top training facilities despite being a terrible player. I'm guessing the club paid him too.

martinmcfc said:
Sigh said:
Who hired Mancini?
Who fired Mancini?

That's right. Thank you Sheikh Mansour.

sheikzayed0609getty_801654c.jpg

What's your point?????
Well informed sources indicating this was the decision of the owner, not the Execs who some fingers are pointing at

argyle said:
red 2 hats said:
While Bobby is getting a bit of sun on his back at the weekend and thinking about how best to spend his multi million pound pay off, I've got an idea.
I'm gonna set up a stall outside Eastlands selling tissues and candles, perhaps all the mard arses can hold some kind of scouse type vigile while holding a candle and wiping away their tears, whilst singing pro Mancini songs and anti owner songs.
I will get the fire brigade on standby for all the season ticket cards that will get burnt.
Man up and move on, good manager gone yes, but not a great one.

This all day.

No longer can people on bluemoon take the piss out of RAWK for their emotional dickishness when equally cringeworthy posts can be found earlier in this thread.

Show respect, is that too much to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.