Club Statement (confirmed that Mancini sacked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgian Maestro said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Georgian Maestro said:
You've missed my point mate. The guy is successful because of the money.
No Abu Dhabi, no money, no success. Support the owners not a guy who has overseen a circus this season

even with all the money in the world it doesnt mean you will be succesful, look at chelsea this year, real madrid, us under hughes. You need a good manager. No abu dhabi, what if what if, dont get your points with all these imagined up situations.

FYI Chelsea and Madrid are both on course to have better seasons than us. And as for Mancini and his transfer policy throw enough shit and some of it sticks

madrid didnt win the league or champions league. may have got further in europe

Chelsea will finish in the top four and might win the europa league how have they had a better season than us.

a lot of closet rags on here tonight , on the day of their "massive" parade .they cant wait to invade a city forum to spew their pathetic bile , they really are obsessed with" the only club to come from Manchester".
That 6-1 humiliation when their players and supporters acted like fucking cowards and the total embarrassment they suffered last season , when they were champions for 90 seconds and all the nation ended up laughing at every sad little rag , they will never get over that , so thanks Roberto we have laughed long and hard at yoooonited for the last couple of years , its been a great ride.

Can't believe the fucking hysteria, but then again the way this season's been on the forum I can believe it. The king really is dead.

I genuinely wish Mancini all the best. We all know what we won with him and for that he'll go down in our history. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

But for City, for us, I can't help but feel it's the beginning of another step up. Another significant step forward. We trusted Khaldoun when it came to Hughes, and we really should trust him with Mancini. The next guy will be the next step.

TheMightyQuinn said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Only a twat would post the following...

You're acting like a 4 year old girl who's found out Harry has left One Direction.

You'll probably be getting quoted right now on other forums as thousands of grown men piss themselves at your reaction.
That's right true blues know what I'm on about

You reckon?

I know a lot of blues and not one of them would describe tonight as feeling as if his/her heart has been ripped out.

Perhaps you don't know any other blues or hang out exclusively with little girls who are overly sentimental, I don't know.

You called me a rag and you'll apologise for that.

I am going to follow this with interest - what are you going to do if he doesn't apologise? Just interested

Daz_Blue said:
Blue and Proud said:
Paul Power and Jim Cassell also sacked from the youth academy - wtf!!!

What ....noooooo Mansour out .....you mean the team that gave us Nedum has been fired .....

Maybe Barcelona boys are bringing in someone who worked at the Barcelona academy and brought through some pretty decent players to run our club at youth level ....

I'm expecting the army of continental proper coaches coming to replace outdated English ones and Mancini's mates who were practicing at City for their future managerial jobs .

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
chesterbells said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
what a joke

so if pelligreni doesnt win the league he gets sacked and then the next manager

Mancini wins the league last season and gets sacked. The club have treated him like shit and been completley disrespectful. We cant win everything every year, no team can. United didnt win the league last season, but did they sack ferguson, no they stuck by him.

Forza Mancini

Forza Mancini? You gonna start following Monaco or Roma now or wherever he rocks up next?

its a gesture of support to one of our most succesful managers, you gonna make some smart arse comment for every show of support ;). mate i just think this is a terrible decision

Monaco all they way :D ctid

Fair enough pal ;-)

I just don't think it's as simple as him being sacked for not winning the league; there's so much more to it than that. It's about how we finished second; it's about not winning a single champions league game this season; it's about his indulgence of Balo and his public attitude towards some of our other key players.

It isn't 'oh win the league every year or get sacked' & I get riled when that gets suggested.

(actually, yeah, Monaco wouldn't be bad as a second team; be a nice trip that ;-)

In my opinion the reasons why Mancini got sacked:

- Poor man management. Over the years, in interviews when you watch players and how they react when asked about Mancini, the body language tells you the players aren't really fond of him. They never say anything bad about him, but they never say anything nice about him either. They also never mention the coach unless asked about him. And of-course there are examples of drama with: Tevez and Balotelli.

- The manner in which we've lost some games (FA Cup final vs. Wigan is the perfect example). Mancini has somehow managed to turn a team of world class players into such an ineffective unit at times, it's mind boggling. Players look like they don't care, but these aren't the type of players who don't care, they wouldn't have gotten this far if they didn't care, they wouldn't have won the league last year if they hadn't cared.

The players are pidgin holed into the one trick pony system (packing the middle) Mancini has built. And when it doesn't work they including Mancini are out of ideas on what to do. The games against Ajax were the first real sign of this issue, and really we were plagued with the same problem all season long. It also didn't help when other teams learned how to deal with this one dimensional approach.

3 years is a good run for Mancini, and he will forever be remembered for what he has accomplished but, I think if he stayed it would have been downhill from here. For that reason I support the decision to let him go. Mancini was interviewing with Monaco last year, so I am sure he won't have any trouble finding a new team.

xenon_ said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
You reckon?

I know a lot of blues and not one of them would describe tonight as feeling as if his/her heart has been ripped out.

Perhaps you don't know any other blues or hang out exclusively with little girls who are overly sentimental, I don't know.

You called me a rag and you'll apologise for that.

I'm surprised at you, Quinn. In the cellar, you seem so hippy-cool,laid back and love-focused, and you've been dragged into a slug fest with a moron. This thread is bringing out the worst in everyone.

He called me a rag and that's as low as it gets.

Rammy Blue said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Thanks for the 5-1 at the Lane.
For the 6-1 at the Swamp and for that smile at the end.
For that display of pure football power in the 1-0 over Utd at the Etihad in last seasons title run in and for giving Fergie shit on the touchline.
For that Aguerooooooooo moment. Etched in my consciousness for ever.
For the FA Cup semi win over the Rags. Top top weekend in London.
For a superb semi final performance against Chelsea only recently.
For The FA Cup win against Stoke.
For dicking Utd again in their own back yard when they were Champions elect.
For putting City back on the map.

It was a blast. You put a smile back on this City fans face and for that I thank You enormously.

Good Luck Bobby Mancini.

and....

OB1 said:
Shit title defence.
Shit Champions League campaign.
Shit COC exit.
Shit FA Cup Final.
Shit relationship with players.
Bobby gets sack.
Shit happens.

Just about sums up the highs and lows.
In that sense he was very much a Manchester City manager, it has to be said. Epic highs, deflating lows punctuated with moments of high drama. I will certainly miss him, even though I am ambivalent about his dismissal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.