Club Statement (Mancini sacked) (Cont)

wireblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:
So its all the fault of the bad man at Barca? We in no way could have handled the media management side any better? Well al least when they review what went wrong it will be a short inquest

"It was that nasty man from Barcelona boss"

Really fucking insightful. Biggest game of our season. 500m tuned in to watch. Top management looking like dicks. And it was all someone else's fault. Seems Ferran and Txiki did learn something from Roberto after all.

I asked you before and you didn't answer.

Did you expect them to get an international super-injunction out on Friday night?

Shit leaks. It leaks at Man United, it leaks at Barca and it leaks at Manchester City. If you're in discussion with a manager then there are parties who hear about it who are outside your control. The first leak came from Chile and was probably from one of MP's family or friends.

Regrettable, but that's it.

Would you say txiki made an error and contributed to the severity of the leak once it occurred by having a previous meeting in public with pellegrini's agent?

It would have been better for him not to be seen, but most on here were happy to put it down to player aquisitions. It only caused a ripple in the press rather than the storm which erupted on Friday night.

It would have been in everyone's best interests, as these things always are, for the whole thing to have gone on in secret, of course. But when you're at the very top that's close on impossible to achieve. A lot of people are involved in a football deal. You can very rarely keep a lid on that. United did a reasonable job with Ferguson but the Moyes link has been around for a long time and the resignation rumour buzzed around for a week.

People are just focussing their anger in any way they can. It's human nature. It was exactly the same when Hughes went and I was as supportive of the club's hierarchy then as I am now.

Without wanting to stir the honey pot, I'm very impressed with the ruthless way the Barca boys dealt with Mancini and the way they kept their counsel all season. They saw he wasn't right and they got rid. As long as they appoint the right successor they've done their job.

dancity19 said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Did you expect them to get an international super-injunction out on Friday night?

Shit leaks. It leaks at Man United, it leaks at Barca and it leaks at Manchester City. If you're in discussion with a manager then there are parties who hear about it who are outside your control. The first leak came from Chile and was probably from one of MP's family or friends.

The new straw men in the house are Txiki and Ferran, Txiki in particular. A comedy villain to rival even Tevez.

Kloss.

You not heard about the chant tonight- 'Vicky Kloss; you're a fucking joke'.....

Those who are gutted that Mancini has rightly been sacked, should focus their energy on giving him a good send off by chanting his name loud and proud. Fuelling the negativity by chanting against someone like Kloss will make us look like overly emotional scousers who's favourite Kenny has been axed.

George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:
So its all the fault of the bad man at Barca? We in no way could have handled the media management side any better? Well al least when they review what went wrong it will be a short inquest
"It was that nasty man from Barcelona boss"
Really fucking insightful. Biggest game of our season. 500m tuned in to watch. Top management looking like dicks. And it was all someone else's fault. Seems Ferran and Txiki did learn something from Roberto after all.

Shit leaks. It leaks at Man United, it leaks at Barca and it leaks at Manchester City. If you're in discussion with a manager then there are parties who hear about it who are outside your control. The first leak came from Chile and was probably from one of MP's family or friends. Regrettable, but that's it.
Stopped grinning already Dave?

Half a grin i reckon as he wanted mourinho
Unfortunatly for him that ship has sailed all the way to the bridge.

BillyShears said:
dancity19 said:
BillyShears said:
The new straw men in the house are Txiki and Ferran, Txiki in particular. A comedy villain to rival even Tevez.

Kloss.

You not heard about the chant tonight- 'Vicky Kloss; you're a fucking joke'.....

Those who are gutted that Mancini has rightly been sacked, should focus their energy on giving him a good send off by chanting his name loud and proud. Fuelling the negativity by chanting against someone like Kloss will make us look like overly emotional scousers who's favourite Kenny has been axed.
Agree with this. It's one thing knife and forking it on an internet forum like this, completely another taking it to the match.

It's happened, he's gone, time to move on.

BillyShears said:
dancity19 said:
BillyShears said:

Kloss.

And I am sure that is what will happen.

I don't think there will have ever been a song dedicated to an internal PR/Communications director (or whatever her title actually is)- and I don't think it is about to start.

The thought of it happening is actually laughable....I almost want some idiot to sing it (but no one join in) to provide me with a bit of comedy.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I'd like them to do a big interview for the OS this summer. I think the reason there's negativity towards them is that we've no idea what they're like. You never hear a bad word about Khaldoon because he eloquently explains thought process and direction at the end of each season, people can see he's an intelligent nice bloke. It would be nice for Txixi in particular to do something similar. I'm confident the clubs in safe hands but a bit of interaction other than hellish surveys wouldn't go amiss imo.

Not exactly an "inner", but would have liked one more home game as a chance to thank Bobby all the same.

I'll repeat what I said the other day in regards to our new manager:

"Really looking forward to Pellegrini. In his year in charge of Real Madrid, he set a then record points total while bedding in four world class signings he had no choice in recruiting, one of whom - Ronaldo - was injured for large parts of the season. It was the year that Barcelona really took off, otherwise they'd have won it. He had a 75% win percentage, more than any other Madrid manager before or since. Many think he was only fired because Jose suddenly became available.

And look what he did with Villarreal. He took a club from a town around the same size as Bury to the semi finals of the Champion's League, and had them finish ahead of Barcelona in the league. He was an offside goal away from taking a self destructing Malaga to the semi finals of the same competition. Under him, Isco has emerged as a major talent. Hell, he's overseen Roque Santa Cruz scoring twelve goals in the league this season... and he's borderline disabled!"

Come on lads, let's get behind the new guy. We're not fucking Chelsea. CTID.

dancity19 said:
BillyShears said:
dancity19 said:
Kloss.

And I am sure that is what will happen.

I don't think there will have ever been a song dedicated to an internal PR/Communications director (or whatever her title actually is)- and I don't think it is about to start.

The thought of it happening is actually laughable....I almost want some idiot to sing it (but no one join in) to provide me with a bit of comedy.

I will wager now that a small band of Top, Top blues will emerge from the bar, 25 mins into the game, stagger to seats that are not theirs and start waffling shit like this before turning to blues behind them, launching four lettered tirades because no one is joining in.

Only the very Top, Top blues mind though.

Didsbury Dave said:
wireblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Would you say txiki made an error and contributed to the severity of the leak once it occurred by having a previous meeting in public with pellegrini's agent?

It would have been better for him not to be seen, but most on here were happy to put it down to player aquisitions. It only caused a ripple in the press rather than the storm which erupted on Friday night.

It would have been in everyone's best interests, as these things always are, for the whole thing to have gone on in secret, of course. But when you're at the very top that's close on impossible to achieve. A lot of people are involved in a football deal. You can very rarely keep a lid on that. United did a reasonable job with Ferguson but the Moyes link has been around for a long time and the resignation rumour buzzed around for a week.

People are just focussing their anger in any way they can. It's human nature. It was exactly the same when Hughes went and I was as supportive of the club's hierarchy then as I am now.

Without wanting to stir the honey pot, I'm very impressed with the ruthless way the Barca boys dealt with Mancini and the way they kept their counsel all season. They saw he wasn't right and they got rid. As long as they appoint the right successor they've done their job.

I’m not criticising the club for sacking mancini. But i do think we were naive.
You cant stop leaks but you can attempt to lessen their impact.
There is no doubt it affected the FA cup final and I think some lessons will have been learned.
Txiki and Soriano are very experienced but you’re never too experienced to get caught out every now and again.
They won’t regret the decision they have made obviously but i think they may admit privately it could and should have been handled better.

without a dream said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I'd like them to do a big interview for the OS this summer. I think the reason there's negativity towards them is that we've no idea what they're like. You never hear a bad word about Khaldoon because he eloquently explains thought process and direction at the end of each season, people can see he's an intelligent nice bloke. It would be nice for Txixi in particular to do something similar. I'm confident the clubs in safe hands but a bit of interaction other than hellish surveys wouldn't go amiss imo.

Totally agree regarding them talking to the supporters - however considering they only came into the jobs early season - it's understandable that they would first want to take stock of what they've come into, make the necessary changes they want to make, and then sit down and explain why they've done what they've done and what their long term plans are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.