Cole Palmer

Spot on.

Some people will say 'we won the treble 2 months ago' but that doesn't matter, we lost a preseason game YESTERDAY!

Pep needs to completely rethink the current system as we will not get top 4 if he continues with this madness.
1690809528788.png

Fuck me. How many generational talents do we have? Do we remember what generational actually means?

That aside, how many minutes has Palmer played in a fully motivated first team? I don't mean as one of three substitutes when the game is already won and the first teamers are cruising. Genuine question. I don't know.

I would like to see him on the right wing for 90 minutes a few times in a full first team before I decide he can't make it.
From what I can see on Transfer Market, Cole made 26 starts for City across the PL, CL, FA Cup & CC. He made several substitute appearances too & rarely did he do himself justice or justify his selection. The player said so himself, & by his gradually reduced playing time, I reckon Pep concurred.

We're not an emerging team with the space to allow players to develop whilst playing regular first team football, hence why I can only think of Foden & Lewis who've broken through from our academy to play regularly with the first team.

When I use the term "generational talent", Pep told us Foden was something special & he was going to be eased into the team as he progressed.

Lewis is now following a similar path, but from playing deeper. It's clear to all who can see that he too's a special player who City are managing similarly to Foden. Based on last year's chances afforded & his performances, can you REALLY say the same about Cole Palmer? Well I personally can't.

I'm desperate for him to succeed here, but his form last season showed few signs of improvement during this pre-season, hence why I believe it best all round that he takes a step back & we arrange a season long loan to a mid-lower PL team, so we can see how he progresses for a season without trophy winning expectations.

If you think Palmer's ready now, that's your business. I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree & believe we need a Mahrez alternative now, rather than waiting to see how Palmer & Bobb progress from the bench.

We've seen far better than either being frustrated sat getting splinters in their arses on City's bench. How will spending a season being in & out of the squad, & snatching a few minutes here & there help either player or City for that matter? We're the Treble champions playing at the Apex of world football, not Forest or Luton with all due respect to them.

Lewis has justified his place on the bench & the minutes he had last season. In my personal opinion, Palmer rarely did. Let's see what Pep thinks & what happens with him in the coming weeks. I'm desperate for the kid to prove me wrong, & I'll be the first to hold my hand up if he hopefully does... )(

Spot on.

Some people will say 'we won the treble 2 months ago' but that doesn't matter, we lost a preseason game YESTERDAY!

Pep needs to completely rethink the current system as we will not get top 4 if he continues with this madness.
I can't agree that we won't have enough for a top four finish, but what I can say is that retaining our titles will be made infinitely harder if we don't address these emerging issues BEFORE September 1st.

It was obvious what we were missing in the first half vs Atletico, but what was concerning me is outside of KDB, I honestly couldn't see who else we had on the bench who could change things a whole lot, & so it proved.

Agreed, it was only a pre-season friendly, but Aké & KDB apart, that was near enough our starting eleven, & whilst we had a lot of control, we looked vulnerable & didn't threaten a whole lot either. We need to sort it, & sort it soon!

I can't agree that we won't have enough for a top four finish, but what I can say is that retaining our titles will be made infinitely harder if we don't address these emerging issues BEFORE September 1st.

It was obvious what we were missing in the first half vs Atletico, but what was concerning me is outside of KDB, I honestly couldn't see who else we had on the bench who could change things a whole lot, & so it proved.

Agreed, it was only a pre-season friendly, but Aké & KDB apart, that was near enough our starting eleven, & whilst we had a lot of control, we looked vulnerable & didn't threaten a whole lot either. We need to sort it, & sort it soon!
We had nothing like our starting eleven when they scored their goals

We had nothing like our starting eleven when they scored their goals
That's the point I'm making. A couple of injuries, suspensions or loss of form & what we saw in the second half, is what we've potentially got in reserve for next season.

The squad looked thin even with Dog & Mahrez. But without them, our attack & creativity options look decidedly threadbare.

We've got until September 1st to resolve this, as I don't think we can rely on Bobb, McAtee, or Palmer in a big way next season.

There's still huge questions marks over Philips & Gomez, & we've STILL got to confirm the futures of Walker, Bernardo & Laporté.

If pep played palmer from the start, with the first team players, in his position (on the right)…then we would probably find the lad is shit hot
But he doesn’t do that so we can send him out on loan or sell him and then watch him sign for Liverpool next year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.