Cole Palmer

But we didn’t choose to sell, he chose to leave.
We all rate him, would have been happy to see him stay, not because he’s an academy lad, that shouldn’t even come into it.
We haven’t done to bad out of the deal have we?
Yes we got a great deal in the end, but I’ve always been high on his potential and would generally prefer to have the squad littered with academy players

Absolutely not,when you consider it only took an extra £10 mill on top of the fee received,to go and buy Doku!It’s a no brainer,..as far as my eyes can see.

Yes we got a great deal in the end, but I’ve always been high on his potential and would generally prefer to have the squad littered with academy players
We will have in next couple of seasons mate, already a couple knocking on door.

Was initially disappointed when Palmer departed , a local academy product but he ws never going to be a regular in our team this season , Chelsea offered him a good deal and better chance starting games , so good luck to the lad.
What has softened the blow is the signing of Doku , i wouldnt swap Doku for Palmer , we have unearthed an absolute gem

I don’t think we dropped a clanger by any means. We got an excellent fee for a highly rated prospect. That said, no one should be surprised if Palmer goes on to be an England regular soon enough.

Pep doesn’t get much wrong but I think he handled the Palmer situation badly. It’s easy to have a pop at players like Sancho who jump ship for first team football at the earliest opportunity, instead of following a pathway like Foden.

However, Palmer did that. He was with the first team for around 2 or 3 seasons and was never given a fair chance. He was often played out of position and even when he played well, he never retained his place for the next game.

As it stands it’s one of those deals which suits all parties. Chelsea get a cracking prospect, City get a top fee for a player Pep didn’t fully rate and Coke gets a huge payday and opportunity at a top club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.