Cole Palmer

Good point maybe we wouldn’t have went for doku if he stayed so never thought about it like that when I asked this question a lot of people taking this post very personally as if I blamed anyone individually
I can’t see that mate!Just people answering your question.I can see us doing ok without Cole anyway…It’s all good!!

I don’t know why this keeps being asked!

The player wanted to leave according to Pep.

So unless you think pep is telling lies, it’s a really simple answer. He is a good player because he trained at the CFA. It’s no surprise. Where would he get minutes with us? Drop Foden or Doku? Or Alvarez or Jack?

Good luck to the player and it’s a great advert for the city academy.

I don’t think we dropped a clanger by any means. We got an excellent fee for a highly rated prospect. That said, no one should be surprised if Palmer goes on to be an England regular soon enough.

Pep doesn’t get much wrong but I think he handled the Palmer situation badly. It’s easy to have a pop at players like Sancho who jump ship for first team football at the earliest opportunity, instead of following a pathway like Foden.

However, Palmer did that. He was with the first team for around 2 or 3 seasons and was never given a fair chance. He was often played out of position and even when he played well, he never retained his place for the next game.

As it stands it’s one of those deals which suits all parties. Chelsea get a cracking prospect, City get a top fee for a player Pep didn’t fully rate and Coke gets a huge payday and opportunity at a top club.

palmer didn’t want to stay, Pep wanted him to stick around but couldn’t guarantee a starting position

It sounds like his mind was made up that if we signed a wide player in the summer then he would ask to leave so it was either keep Palmer or sign Doku and personally I think we made the right decision.

Pep doesn’t get much wrong but I think he handled the Palmer situation badly.
How exactly ? He was handling him the exact same way as he did Phil, do you also think he got that wrong ?

Cole was impatient and wanted to play, Phil was patient, but still wanted to play, and Cole was nowhere near what Phil was at this point. He handles all youngsters the same way, if they deserve to play they'll play, Rico has been much the same, and now it seems Oscar Bobb is getting the same treatment (will be better than Cole for me).

Never said he’d be a starter. He’s good enough to be part of the squad rotation and impact games
Agree he would have been good enough for the squad, but thats not the only consideration. I think its clear Doku is going to be a better more important player and we got offered decent money for a squad player who wanted to leave. It was the correct call for me all things considered…

Let’s see how he does against us on Sunday. If he has a game-changing stormer then fair play to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.