Cole Palmer

No, he will not be top class and that's why pep let him go, simple. I have yet to see him run a game or have aan of the match type game, before spurs lost a man he did ok but only ok. He'll be another brahim dias

If a young player asks Pep for guarantees, he will not give them. The young player then has a choice to make, and Cole made his. We got a good fee, and he is happy. We just move on and I am pleased for him and I want him to do well. If he does, it continues to reflect well on our training and development and encourages other teams to invest in our young players; that helps us be more successful.

We can never, ever, fulfil the dreams of all of our academy players - it simply isn't possible.
Good post and spot on. He still comes home regularly to watch his local team on the park in Baguley so not forgotten his roots.

No, when you equate the money we got for Palmer bought Doku (apart from a few extra million £s)

Never said he’d be a starter. He’s good enough to be part of the squad rotation and impact games
No point for the player or the club, he can be a starter at a few clubs, doubt he was ever going to be a starter with us. Right decision for the player and for us. Think Bobb could well have overtaken Palmer in the pecking order either this season or next.

I like Cole as a player, I think he has enough about him to make the England squad. I can ses how Pep would have improved him and I was gutted when he left. Showed balls last night too by putting that penalty away.

But, it was the correct decision to let him go. He wanted more tha we were offering, either game time or wages or both, and as you would expect of our extremely well run club, we've come out of it smelling of roses with a real exciting talent in Doku, and we sit top of the league.

The fee maybe is one Chelsea will feel was a good deal, but at the time it looked pretty fair if not slightly inflated.

Overall, good deal for all parties, although I struggle to comprehend why any player would want to leave city under pep, especially when the player in front of you in your position has just left the club. Impatience or just not a good fit, it's his right to choose and on us to make every potential setback, an opportunity.

He's definitely got talent and looks to be doing a very good job so far at Chelsea. I'd love to see him become established there and I hope his career matches his ambition. But I don't think either party have dropped a clanger. Good luck to the lad anyway. I really liked him.

Interesting take on Palmer below drawn from an analysis of last night's game on the Football365 site (https://www.football365.com/news/16...1-romero-udogie-dier-jackson-palmer-hat-trick).
Incidentally, the full piece is well worth a read as a brilliant example of insightful and entertaining football journalism. MEN take note.

There was, though, one Chelsea player who was an active and pro-active participant throughout. Cole Palmer. He may well end up one of the signings of the season. He was the one Chelsea player able to get his foot on the ball and progress it up the pitch with precision and purpose during Spurs’ fast start and he remained an oasis of calm in the middle of a game that overheated the heads of pretty much everyone else involved, up to and including the man who ended it with the match ball. It would be a fine effort from a seasoned professional; for a 21-year-old starting a Premier League game for only the eighth time it was extraordinary. If you can get through a game like this without being thrown off kilter by it all, then you’re probably going to be fine.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.