Cole Palmer

We should all take pleasure in Cole's performances - it reflects very well on us and our Academy.
There is no guarantee that this success will continue. There is no guarantee that this success would have come for him in our team. He has gone, and we wish him well. He wanted more game time than we were prepared to give - our level is different to Chelsea - and that happens. Now, I get behind the players who are with us, and celebrate the emerging talents of Oscar Bobb, Rico Lewis, Joel Ndala, Isiah Dada-Mascoll, and others, in the hope that they become, for us, what Cole is, at present, to Chelsea.
I always think this, the academy is brilliant. Out of all the clubs, we have done the second best on Palmer. We have got £50 million and a walking advert for our Academy (both in terms of new kids (City sell the dream of a football career not a job at City) and other clubs buying other Academy products).

Chelsea have done really well buying him, probably one of only a few of their signings that have gone up in value.

What people also need to remember is that he has become Chelsea’s go to player and we would not be getting those stats from Palmer with the players we have as our go to.

I hope he continues to do well and I feel Bobb could end up with a higher ceiling.

I always think this, the academy is brilliant. Out of all the clubs, we have done the second best on Palmer. We have got £50 million and a walking advert for our Academy (both in terms of new kids (City sell the dream of a football career not a job at City) and other clubs buying other Academy products).

Chelsea have done really well buying him, probably one of only a few of their signings that have gone up in value.

What people also need to remember is that he has become Chelsea’s go to player and we would not be getting those stats from Palmer with the players we have as our go to.

I hope he continues to do well and I feel Bobb could end up with a higher ceiling.
Reportedly £40 million with a potential £2.5 million in add ons.

Reportedly £40 million with a potential £2.5 million in add ons.

Apologies if I got it wrong, the point still stands we got him for zero and sold him for a decent amount.

It could be argued Chelsea have a £100 million for £40 million etc.

But we have £40 million in the bank and other clubs must be thinking who is the next one that cannot get in City’s team that could be a big success.

They get the best football education at City then any other PL club. I imagine there are a high number of scouts at a lot of our youth games.

I’d swallow pride, admit the mistake and give them more than what they paid. They’re fucked financially and I’d assume he’s fancy it.

Apologies if I got it wrong, the point still stands we got him for zero and sold him for a decent amount.

It could be argued Chelsea have a £100 million for £40 million etc.

But we have £40 million in the bank and other clubs must be thinking who is the next one that cannot get in City’s team that could be a big success.

They get the best football education at City then any other PL club. I imagine there are a high number of scouts at a lot of our youth games.
United got an £80m player for £40m don't forget.

I’d swallow pride, admit the mistake and give them more than what they paid. They’re fucked financially and I’d assume he’s fancy it.
What pride needs swallowing?
This place is hilarious. He’s a good player having a good season for a mid table team.
He’d still be sat on our bench getting minutes here and there because our standards are in a different stratosphere to Chelsea.

You’d think we let a prime fucking Messi go reading this forum.

he is having an immense season.he is fucking clinical from pens too, he doesnt panic much at taking them.
really hope he wont punish us in the FA cup...

time for us to put this mediocre Chelsea side to a real test finally. would be awful to watch a Chelsea-Coventry FA final

But Pep told him that would be the plan and Palmer decided he still wanted to leave? Then we went for Doku?
Doku signed before Palmer and McAtee left, I think. Their departures were hastened by the news that we were going for Nunes, who was downing tools at Molineux and whose signing it was believed would push Foden and Bernardo out wide as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.