Cole Palmer

Fwiw he would only have got minutes out wide for us as Mahrezs replacement which is not his forte.
Looks more comfortable in midfield but he's not getting in ahead of KDB ,Bernie or Phil.
Doku has had only 9 months with Pep and has shown flashes of real quality and progression in my opinion.Having said that can't deny Palmers surprised me.

The thing is, Pep has quite a growing list of players who signed for City and then took a year to acclimatise to his methods and ideas. Doku will almost certainly be even better than he is now next season and he's been pretty good this season for a young guy moving to a new league in a new country.

I prefer not to compare Palmer and Doku as they're completely different players fulfilling completely different functions in their teams but I understand some City fans want to do that. I just think, had Palmer stayed, he and Doku would not have been competing for the same position anyway.

He's a good player with massive potential,.and he's had an excellent season....

But....

I don't see who he replaces at City in midfield....Silva ? De Bruyne? Foden? Nope....

Maybe in time, but he wasn't prepared to wait sadly, although understandably... I remember all the criticism of Foden and Pep for his lack of game time initially...and look how shit that turned out .

He wanted first team premier league football this season, and he is good enough.

But not good enough for City ....yet

The thing is, Pep has quite a growing list of players who signed for City and then took a year to acclimatise to his methods and ideas. Doku will almost certainly be even better than he is now next season and he's been pretty good this season for a young guy moving to a new league in a new country.

I prefer not to compare Palmer and Doku as they're completely different players fulfilling completely different functions in their teams but I understand some City fans want to do that. I just think, had Palmer stayed, he and Doku would not have been competing for the same position anyway.
I think the comparisons are based on the fact that Palmer only ever played out wide, which is exactly where Doku plies his trade.

I agree, though, that they’re completely different types of player.

Last edited:
Cole could be absolutely phenomenal if the shackles are taken off there's magic in his boots, he'd potentially be a key player for another team and if he had a great output for them, then he could realistically make an England debut before the season ended.

100% want this to be the case the kid is talented enough, we still have Bernardo and Phil here that can both play on the right too.

Cole still deserves more chances, it's crazy that plenty here have already completely written him off.
Bump.
A great post from last summer , this poster certainty knows his onions.

The only concern with him was the lack of pace. When you look at footage of Mahrez when he was young then you could see difference. Despite our success without Palmer kinda crazy we sold the "Mahrez regen". If he has a similar output next season then we can start to regret our desicion.

If Silva and Grealish go then buy him back. Players do sometimes return to previous clubs and Chelsea probably could do with £120m cash injection.

He is class and he is showing what a prospect he really was. That does not mean that he would have achieved such immediate success here, and it does not mean that we should have done 'everything' to keep him. It just means that we recognise a top talent without the bigotry that will not allow us to see it. Celebrate it as an achievement for our club, that we took an eight year old and turned him into one of the most productive young players in the Premier League. We treat our young players well. We educate them and coach them with the utmost integrity and to the highest standards so that they can build a career in the game. We point to examples like Palmer, Foden, Frimpong, and others, all playing at the top levels of the game, and all from the City Academy. That is what will allow our club to grow and thrive well into the future. Sometimes, we will unearth an absolute gem who has the talent and patience to stick with the club. Sometimes, they will have the talent but move on. Cole is the best player in a team competing for a European place. We are the treble winners, world champions, and up for the double. We move on.

Cole is dead to me the moment he play for another team.

Why some blues can't move on from him i never trully understand, so what if he doing great. We seems pretty fine on our own without him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.