Cole Palmer

He's the main decision maker and his record is quite good.

No he's not. He's part of a team. If he'd been the main decision maker, we would 100% have signed Harry Kane and probably Harry Maguire and a few others.
His main job is to coach the team and select from players signed by the club, which he has done very successfully.
The club's success isn't down to one man, it's a team effort, top to bottom. Pep is just a major cog, not the main one.

First game I saw him in was a European game as a sub. Came on scored from outside the box. It was obvious he had the cojones and the ability.
The next two seasons he seemed to regress somewhat. He just looked like being in a Pep team took away something of his natural flare.
He's always reminded me of one of those maverick types, Worthington, Currie, Bowles.

Ironically they never flourished in an England shirt.
He's exciting and I'm sorry we won't be seeing him in a City shirt. But you move on.

Certainly a very good player

He wanted to be guaranteed football and no club should operate like that, whether you're an established player like Rodri or a young lad like Rico, you shouldn't be guaranteed a thing, you play on merit.

Of course if you're breaking into the team then it's harder to get your opportunities to show you can play on merit, but that's football, that's why you believe in your talent until you get regular opportunities.

He didn't wanna stay and fight to break into the team regularly, that's his choice. He took an option to go to a lesser club and easier route to first team football but he's talented enough that it worked out for him
up to now.

But if Chelsea are still not close to winning anything and he wants to win things, he might soon enough want to move to a better club and then he won't be guaranteed anything again because there is more competition for places.

But it was certainly a good move to established himself in the short term

First game I saw him in was a European game as a sub. Came on scored from outside the box. It was obvious he had the cojones and the ability.
The next two seasons he seemed to regress somewhat. He just looked like being in a Pep team took away something of his natural flare.
He's always reminded me of one of those maverick types, Worthington, Currie, Bowles.

Ironically they never flourished in an England shirt.
He's exciting and I'm sorry we won't be seeing him in a City shirt. But you move on.
Thing with Palmer is we had him for over 10 years - constantly re signed as an academy kid - at CITY that's some achievement - we would have known his quality and character inside and out - from the day he left I kept harping on about this could be a big miss as his quality is rare and admittedly more challenging to fit in - but every team needs a bit of gold dust - we have Phil, thankfully, would have been amazing to have another local, academy superstar... would have helped attract the future academy stars (locally and further afield). Crowd would have loved to see a Callum, Tommy Doyle, Foden, Palmer, Lewis ..etc in a team...imagine that - modern Lisbon Lions - unique in top football - take a bow Greater Manchester

I think he comes across a right gormless prick with very few brain cells if i'm honest. Great player, but really not devastated he isn't at city.

Does that matter though? We’re not aiming to win University Challenge, we just need the best footballers!

I wasn’t bothered at all when Palmer left as I never saw anything to suggest he’d be top class but obviously I was wrong. Unfortunately those making the decisions at City seem to have made a rare mistake too, we should have just loaned him out not sold him. Easy with hindsight.

Does that matter though? We’re not aiming to win University Challenge, we just need the best footballers!

I wasn’t bothered at all when Palmer left as I never saw anything to suggest he’d be top class but obviously I was wrong. Unfortunately those making the decisions at City seem to have made a rare mistake too, we should have just loaned him out not sold him. Easy with hindsight.
Yes it matters to Pep that a player no matter how talented can learn and adapt his game to fit what is required from Pep for the team.Always remember Pep took Henry off after scoring because he'd disrupted the team shape.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.