Cole Palmer

He regressed in Season 22-23 though -when he did get the chance he basically shown us nothing like we’d got in his breakout Season. Hindsight and all that -but nobody was predicting he’d thrive last season like he did -literally nobody was expecting it but more questioning the Fee the Chavs had paid
I totally disagree. Literally loads understood that young players form can fluctuate for a few seasons between say 17 to 23.. he was very young to expect season after season progression. Phil was the same. But his class was there all to see. I look back at my post day he was sold.. had exactly same thoughts as now.. as a club we did badly there. Hindsight has nothing to do with it. Many people's hunches that not working hard to loan him out was a bad move. Local star for 10 years is what we have lost. No one can question that finish..in the final..1 minute on...amazing..sad loss for us

The way the media rave about him is unreal. He's s good player but playing for a team that finished 8th was it ? Half his goals were penalties. He's done ok in this tournament but as always luck plays an important part, for example without the aid of a deflection that shot last night would have been a routine save for the keeper !
Thar's a bitter take on let's face it a rare mancunian player in our team. He has shown he can be class, not many players can score a goal like he did in the final. 1 x min on what courage, and technique..well done City academy

I, for one, do. He showed at lot at EDS level but struggle in 2022/23 but started last season in great form. That might have been too late as the transfer wheels were in progress. City got a good fee for him but I would rather that he was still at the club - his accurate, calm finishing would have been a great weapon against the low blocks that we encounter.
He's gone now though so hopefully we get Olmo or another and/or Bobb pushes on and this time next year we are asking Cole who?
Its more about losing an academy player with that talent. Barcelona..ok forced to do it but DELIBERATELY go the extra mile with academy players. Gets repaid in spades in many ways. City fans we used to love local lads playing..now we seem to have a fck em attitude = very sad indictment of the modern fan

A loan is a last resort for me and selling would be extremely stupid by the club in my view, the last thing we should be doing is selling him that'd be the worst thing imaginable, in my opinion we could have our pants pulled down with people saying he's worth double within months.

Cole could be absolutely phenomenal if the shackles are taken off there's magic in his boots, he'd potentially be a key player for another team and if he had a great output for them, then he could realistically make an England debut before the season ended.

100% want this to be the case the kid is talented enough, we still have Bernardo and Phil here that can both play on the right too.

Cole still deserves more chances, it's crazy that plenty here have already completely written him off.
Yep

He regressed in Season 22-23 though -when he did get the chance he basically shown us nothing like we’d got in his breakout Season. Hindsight and all that -but nobody was predicting he’d thrive last season like he did -literally nobody was expecting it but more questioning the Fee the Chavs had paid
Look at pages 5 to 50 in this thread loads think the opposite

I think City have such a great academy that eventually someone you let go would turn out to be a very good player. Now I do like to pump the brakes sometimes when people start talking about world class this and that as he still has to show it wasn’t a one season wonder. His performances off the bench for England have been rather good, and I’m excited to see how he develops further next season.

I do agree that City could use a player with Palmer’s qualities but I also agree with those that say he wouldn’t have started much has he stayed and therefore wouldn’t have shown the levels he showed last season and he definitely wouldn’t have been at the euros. So good move for all involved I’d say, even though if I was a City fan I’d be gutted about losing him (but I’m generally an academy enthusiast so will always prefer to play academy players over signing new players).
He would have through Kev's unfortunate injury..created an extra slot for 5 x months in a thin squad

If he stayed at City.

He'll do well at Chelsea until a better player comes in. Seems to love the attention of being Bertie big bollocks there.
Two posts up crooked rain was saying he didn't believe in himself. We are all just guessing re his mind set..he and his sports psychiatrist only know this.

The decision to sell him and then sounk all of the money on Nunes, was criminal.

Last summer was a shit show and now Txici appears to be gun shy, hence no activity.

The Palmer and Nunes transfer isn't linked in way shape or form. Palmer wanted to go and Paqueta was the replacement before his betting charges which West Ham apparantely kept quiet about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.