Cole Palmer

liverpool lost sterling, chelsea let kdb and salah go, arsenal gnabry and so on...we were bound to lose a couple of lads that would do well elsewhere, thats a sign of a great youth academy.

we need some sort of a shrine outside the Etihad so that people can leave cakes or small presents on his birthday and Christmas.

He’s one of the best players in the league. Obviously we can’t do anything about it now and maybe it would have been different, but I wish we’d kept him.

You never know maybe we’ll re sign him one day.
If he leaves Chelsea for another English club, it will be the Rags.

There’s a 250+ page thread about Gary fucking Neville on this site.

Keeping tabs on one of our Academy products and regretting how his transfer panned out is much less weird than talking about Gary fucking Neville every day, all year, every year.

Nobody goes on there going on about people with a weird Gary fucking Neville obsession though.

There’s a 220+ page thread of Jude fucking Bellingham on this site n’all. A load of fanboys of an absolute **** of a player, the most overhyped footballer I’ve ever seen, whose Dad called City a plastic club. Half the posters on his thread act like they want to stroke him off.

That’s even weirder than the Gary fucking Neville thread.
Excellent whataboutery displayed here

He's world class and we fucked up selling him. But do we really need a 560+ page thread saying the same thing every fucking week?
oh-yes-please.gif

I still can't get my head around this making a mistake thing? Cole Palmer wanted to play...he was not going to get that here. He got it at Chelsea, so it obviously worked. People argue that he could have or would have? Doku played 33 games last season including sub appearances in a season where KDB and Haaland were out for sustained periods of time. That is nothing compared to what Cole Palmer played last season. Palmer was unwilling to do the Foden/Rico route so what can you do? He refused to go out on loan, so what are you going to do? How are you going to guarantee gametime? Are you going to knock out KDB, Silva, Haaland, Foden or Grealish?

The mistake was buying Doku. Mahrez's spot in the team was Palmer's he had just scored in the Super Cup all set for a big season and we paid £50 million for a young right winger. Total slap in Cole's face and I don't blame him for getting the hump.

Great scouting aswell because Doku can't even play on the right so it just ended up disrupting Jack who needs to play every week to be on top form.

On the bright side, we now have Savinho who seems a great fit and Bobb also benefitted from the extra opportunities before his injury. But let's not delude ourselves. Losing a local academy lad for 50 million to a direct rival who goes on to immediately contribute 30 goals and assists in his first professional season and is probably now worth North of 200 million just 12 months later is absolutely catastrophic and we're lucky we don't make similar fuck ups very often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.