Cole Palmer

I am still fuming about this lad....

Stream episode BFTB: S04E06: (Peter Barnes v Southampton) by  BoltFromTheBlue Podcast podcast | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

The mistake was buying Doku. Mahrez's spot in the team was Palmer's he had just scored in the Super Cup all set for a big season and we paid £50 million for a young right winger. Total slap in Cole's face and I don't blame him for getting the hump.

Great scouting aswell because Doku can't even play on the right so it just ended up disrupting Jack who needs to play every week to be on top form.

On the bright side, we now have Savinho who seems a great fit and Bobb also benefitted from the extra opportunities before his injury. But let's not delude ourselves. Losing a local academy lad for 50 million to a direct rival who goes on to immediately contribute 30 goals and assists in his first professional season and is probably now worth North of 200 million just 12 months later is absolutely catastrophic and we're lucky we don't make similar fuck ups very often.
Ye seems bad business but he wouldn’t have that many goals for us as Haaland would have all his penalties, would he also be allowed to play as freely as he does at Chelsea? Look at Jack who is immeasurably better in the centre but has to play on the left. If he’d stayed maybe he wouldn’t have done as well as we would be saying we should’ve sold him!

Probably not. But if it is true that he wanted to leave on loan to prove himself then come back in a year to show he is ready. but Pep being annoyed he didn't want to stay and take a bit part role decided he either stayed or be sold, then this one is squarely on Pep.

As what that would suggest is that Pep sold him out of arrogance rather than what's best for the club.
It's all hearsay about what happened.. nobody really knows only Pep and Palmer but Pep is paid to make the big decisions and he's not done too badly.
Like I say I like Palmer and think he's a cracking player but given the choice of Pep being manager or Palmer playing for us it's Pep every time for me.

Are you confirming that Palmer would be equally as good for us as he is Chelsea?
In the last year, no. But long term, definitely. Quality always ends up coming to the fore. Plus Palmer and Foden would compliment each other so well in attacking midfield with their different styles.

It would have been like de Bruyne and DSilva, but two local lads.

Both are better than Bellingham for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.