Cole Palmer

FFS why cant people just let it go.......hes gone,we got a good deal at time...we were happy he was happy..........job done move on

Bet the Chelsea forum is two millions pages long bringing up everytime Kdb has a good game!

I think it was a mistake like quite a few of us but we won't bleat about it consistently when he has a great game! Think few who can't wait to come on here and repeat it and we go around in circles for a few days are for me opposing fans rubbing our noses in it..

FFS why cant people just let it go.......hes gone,we got a good deal at time...we were happy he was happy..........job done move on
This all day long. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Palmer wanted a starting place in the side, City couldn't guarantee him one so he left. City get an awful lot of money for Cole and we go on to win the title. City fans need to get over this Pep got it wrong thing, we couldnt keep him here for ever if he was only going to be a squad player. Hes a very good player but letting him go to play somewhere else was the right decision for both parties.

Bet the Chelsea forum is two millions pages long bringing up everytime Kdb has a good game!

I think it was a mistake like quite a few of us but we won't bleat about it consistently when he has a great game! Think few who can't wait to come on here and repeat it and we go around in circles for a few days are for me opposing fans rubbing our noses in it..

This all day long. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Palmer wanted a starting place in the side, City couldn't guarantee him one so he left. City get an awful lot of money for Cole and we go on to win the title. City fans need to get over this Pep got it wrong thing, we couldnt keep him here for ever if he was only going to be a squad player. Hes a very good player but letting him go to play somewhere else was the right decision for both parties.

He is not going back for foreesable future.

So just let him go FFS.
An outbreak of common sense. Hallelujah.

I agree apart from the hindsight bit.

He'd already scored in the Community Shield and Super Cup Final whereas Grealish, Lewis and Kovacic (who all played well yesterday) rarely even look like scoring.

Palmer is flourishing in this position at Chelsea and fair play to him, people expecting him to stay here and do the same thing when we have Foden and KDB is not realistic, the academy is in a healthy place atm and he won't be the last player we have let go that has gone onto good things.

I do however believe selling Lavia was a mistake, we are still on the lookout for that position.

Are you confirming that Palmer would be equally as good for us as he is Chelsea?
Different but still good. For starters he can shoot from outside the box ,a skill that is sadly wanting in our present squad. As with Alvarez we seem to be struggling to retain quality players because Pep plays the same 13 or 14 players again and again. Can't fault how that worked out but age and injury is catching up with many of them now. The drop off can be seen on the bench.

It's undoubtedly a mistake by the club, but we tried to keep him and ended up getting good money for him.

Him sticking 4 goals in the net hits a little harder on a day we draw and look lacking in creativity.

As with Alvarez we seem to be struggling to retain quality players because Pep plays the same 13 or 14 players again and again.
Alvarez was in the top 2-3 in the squad for PL starts last season. The issue was Atletico were willing to pay huge money for him.

My feeling with Palmer is that Pep probably thought it best to get shot of him rather than have him moping him about on the bench. It's annoying it wasn't on loan or we didn't insert a buyback clause in the deal. We probably could have done if we'd sold him to a lesser team.

If we'd kept him he'd have been rotated on the right wing and wouldn't get the freedom he has at Chelsea. He'd have been third/fourth choice for the single attacking midfield position for us behind KDB, Phil and possibly Bernie.

I saw him at the gym just after the Euros and told him I thought he'd get Messi numbers this season and it looks like he may be proving me right!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.