Cole Palmer

I agree apart from the hindsight bit.

He'd already scored in the Community Shield and Super Cup Final whereas Grealish, Lewis and Kovacic (who all played well yesterday) rarely even look like scoring.
To be fair he wasn't getting in City's first team at the time he left and I agree about Grealish and the rest not looking like they are going to score many but he has developed brilliantly at Chelsea and he would not of got the time on the pitch to grow into the player he has. At the time he left the deal was good for everyone so all this we should of kept him is hindsight. Nobody could have predicted that he would have turned into the player he has, Pep gave him a choice, stay and fight for a place or leave, he chose to leave.

Some of this thread is about Palmer, some more about our general transfer business and how we go about merging established players, acquisitions, and academy talent. We get some of it right, we get some of it wrong, and I’d like to think our reticence to go splurging the Alvarez fee was recognition that we are starting to be a bit more cautious. Palmer and Rogers/Lavia (perhaps) might have slipped the net, but we’re not going to allow Lewis, McAtee, or Bobb swim away without being entirely sure.

Top player. A shame that Bobb is injured for us as I feel he could operate at a similar level.
Fully agree I prefer Bob.

Palmer has made the most of his time at Chelsea but I still don’t see him in city’s team regardless what he does at Chelsea. He gives the ball away too much for pep

Fully agree I prefer Bob.

Palmer has made the most of his time at Chelsea but I still don’t see him in city’s team regardless what he does at Chelsea. He gives the ball away too much for pep

Giving the ball away isn't a problem necessarily - I profile Palmer more like a KDB than a Mahrez.

Talk of this lad being the best player in England or best English player. Got to say it’s hard to disagree with that. Really pleased for the lad who had the courage of his convictions to go off and show what he can do. We dropped one almighty bollock here and we have had to find it out the (unceasingly with each game) hard way. But it’s a lesson we will learn from in the future I’m sure. We’re certainly not the first club who have let gems slip from their fingers.

You don't understand it's longevity ? Yet your here post ing on it,lol
Would those posters who are tierd of talking about Palmer please do the simple option and ignore the thread ....think there are about 5,000 other threads you could easily browse and contribute to if you so wished.

We are talking about one of the finest players in the world frght now , every true football fan ,imo, would be forgiven for wanting to keep a check on his process, it's quite exordinary , and for my own part, I was savy enough to predict he had the talent to be one of the best players on the planet , just as he left us last season.

Others couldn't see that talent , and now sound bitter and angry ,lol.

Great player with a fantastic goal scoring record,one that MCFC football club should be proud of,imo.
Stop the bitterness, just appreciate the sublime footballing ability of our ex player.

I did realise the irony of me posting and almost commented on that myself. Anyway I'm doing it again ! But to your point this will be my last post on the thread.

I can assure I'm not bitter about anything, I support City so being bitter about anything at this time would seem to be churlish (rags excepted). I wish the lad well other than when he plays against us or his doing well would impact us negatively.

The bit I'd disagree with is that any true football fan would want to keep track of his progress. I'm a City fan and I've never really got the culture of actively following other clubs players in here unless they are transfer targets which seems to be unlikely here. If that makes me a bit one eyed then so be it.

But my point was less about that and more the fact that the thread isn't really about Palmer as a player it's just descended into points scoring and circular arguments. So I'm happy to improve the situation and offski. If it turns into a thread for people to simply show love to Palmer it'll have a purpose albeit one I don't really get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.