Cole Palmer

All hindsight. The lad has developed into a fine player, I get that but like one bluemooner has just stated, was he showing in the treble season that he should have been starting games, no he wasn't and I pretty sure that if he had been picked over Bernie, Kdb, or Gundo or even Grealish, there would have been uproar on here. City and every blue that I know thought nearly 50 million quid for the lad was a very good deal. Like I said hindsight is a wonderful thing.

It should be closed. There is nothing more to discuss on the matter. Everyone is a winner, apart from Chelsea who aren’t winning anything anytime soon.

Well fuck me. Another thread that needs to be closed because ..... reasons.

It's a discussion about a football matter on a general football forum. People don't like it, they can stay out of it.

His performances at City in the season before he left were pretty average although he was hampered by injury and being played out of position. The strengths he has shown for Chelsea were evident at EDS level. I'll admit I thought that quite a few of his goals at that level were due to poor keeping standards but I was wrong and he is the real deal.

His accurate and calm finishing would be a great weapon against the low blocks we frequently face and, if he had been able to show this form for us, he could have replaced KdB which is quite remarkable.

Injury, being played out of position and being given ten minute cameos in games being closed out. Not sure what he was expected to do in those circumstances that he didn't.

His talent has always been clear. He hasn't just developed into a great player at Chelsea. Yes, he has thrived in their system but, at the end of the day, Guardiola can be a stubborn bastard. His way or the highway.

A case of Guardiola "motivation" gone wrong, maybe. Anyway. Whatever. Good luck to the lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.