Cole Palmer

Easily a top 3 player in the world, arguably even EPL's best player.

GYvqVZ_W4AAlhyY

What a player. I think he will take England national team to the next level in the future.

It's easy to say in hindsight, but it's looking like Pep dropped a right clanger selling Cole Palmer .... to think that we had this player and never really gave him the game time he wanted is criminal, he looks absolute class now ..... if Chelsea was playing at the Etihad tomorrow, he's the one Chelsea player that you wouldn't want featuring in the game, the guy is looking absolute dynamite .... that long range goal he scored for them against Brighton at Stamford Bridge last weekend was stunning!

He's still unproven, and I have no idea why people are hyping him up. I keep hearing pundits talking about how he can be considered as the best in the EPL, what complete nonsense. He had 42 goal contributions in the EPL since the start of last season? well big whoop.. he's playing for Chelsea surrounded by average players so of course he will look good, and almost all his goals come from penalties.

He's still unproven in the big games, he hasn't played in the champions league. Who cares if he scored in the final at euros, playing for country is different than playing for club. Also his hattrick against man utd doesn't mean much as they are no where near to be considered a top team.

There's a reason why Southgate didn't start him in the Euros, it's because Palmer is still unproven, sure he might be good in a few years, but right now it's just pure hype. Pep made the right move by getting rid of him and not sending him out on loan like he wanted. City will continue winning titles without Palmer.

Sure Palmer is a good player, but is he an elite player? The answer is no. If he was an elite player then Pep wouldn't have sold him. I wish people would stop crying about Palmer and move on.

It is rare that players leave City and go on to better themselves. They may have good careers but this is a one off with Palmer. Hindsight is wonderful, if he stayed would he have got central minutes last year with KDB out? Probably not as Foden would have been given that chance. If he stayed would he have performed for us the way he has done for them? I don't think he would have. He would have played wide, in a disciplined role without the freedom to lose the ball. He has all the freedom he wants at Chelsea and he is flourishing. Fair play to the lad, Chelsea don't play against low blocks every week, he has the space to express himself. The way we play, the slow build ups, letting every man get back for them before we try to penetrate just would not have suited him. That's why in the games he played for us over the years, we never saw this level from him. It is painful but lets not forget the fucker is a rag too!
Very well said and let’s not also rewrite history. The player wanted to leave because in his opinion he wasn’t given enough chances. Could we have done more for him to stay? Not sure tbh.

City just game off a treble and 4 in a row. Lauded as the best in class. A midfield with Foden, Kev, Rodri, Bernie. Who at the time was going to be left out?

I am sad he is gone and we lost a gem but and it’s a big but palmer wanted to go. We got good money. Doku came in and he is not as good atm. Will that change? Don’t know.

Truth is only Pep and palmer know when it changed. Would he have thrived in our set up? Probably not.

It hurts to lose such a talented player but due to the timing and the players desire and the other issues mentioned it just happened.

Chavs gain and our loss going forward. I still dont think at the time the decision was made he would have started before the players mentioned.

Hindsight is great but irrelevant.

Mistakes do happen, no one is perfect.

It's easy to say in hindsight, but it's looking like Pep dropped a right clanger selling Cole Palmer .... to think that we had this player and never really gave him the game time he wanted is criminal, he looks absolute class now ..... if Chelsea was playing at the Etihad tomorrow, he's the one Chelsea player that you wouldn't want featuring in the game, the guy is looking absolute dynamite .... that long range goal he scored for them against Brighton at Stamford Bridge last weekend was stunning!
It has already started but you will see more and more players excelling in the prem that came through our academy. To come through our academy and be in and around our first team you have to be very good. Not quite good enough for us but very good for other prem teams. Palmer being the best of that bunch.

It's a shame we let him go, he's hit the ground running at the chavs, if only we'd given him a run of games to see what he was capable of, we got what we thought was decent money for him, Doku better step up to the plate shortly to help ease the pain :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.