Cole Palmer

I think he’s ready to push ipush on but if he does go i hope it’s not to Chelsea as his game time would probably be very limited. Brighton seems a good destination for developing players.
De Zerbi is an excellent coach, think Brighton would be a better move for him.

I tell you who’s excited about this , Mendes, we lose Cole you bet Mendes is going to offer us clients before deadline day. Already talking to him with Nunes

No not for long but no one know if he won’t play in left side again or not but don’t tell me he won’t it to bench . Rico will get loads of minutes no matter which side he plays. We are fighting in four fronts .
Fair enough regards making the bench but if you look at squad to fight on four fronts it would be madness to sell Cole.

The function of a modern football academy is't necessarily about developing players for the first team though.

It's about developing players into saleable assets to help fund the club, and if one or two of them make the grade for us, all the better. I'm pretty satisfied with our setup.
I understand how the academy works but I think the balance isn't quite right.

I see the usual suspects are out in force....sell, sell, sell,......buy buy buy.....for what its worth Pep said Cole is one of the best finishers he has seen (before Erling arrived). He would be a starter for any club outside the top 6 and possibly one or 2 in it. He had that left back on toast in the super cup....you know that team who won the europa league.
The price nowadays since every other chairman caught Tony bloom itus seems about 70mill. And that's for bottom 6 finishing teams players. So why is 35 million OK for Chelsea to buy one of our stars who is knocking on the 1st team door. I don't care he doesn't start every game. Most of our squad doesn't either. Tell them its 65 million. Not a penny less. Plus a 20% sell on clause.

If he wants to go, we should be dictating where he goes. I would rather sell him to Dortmund for 30m and a 20% sell on clause rather then to a EPL team. Especially Chelsea!

The price of decent English players is about the only thing going up quicker than the price of a pint in my local. £45m for a decent boys football Euros and a handful of forgettable league performances. Fuck me.

Rico will be lucky to get on the bench at this rate let alone off it, he'll go the same way as Cole, in my very humbe opinion.

I've said this too and got pelters!

For anyone who has taken off their Blue tinted spectacles, they can see he doesn't have a long term future at City.

He may get 10-15 games this season.

Being happy that we've won a load of trophies and being disappointed at lack of academy players making it into the first team are not mutually exclusive.

In seven years we've only had Phil and Rico properly make it.

That isn't anywhere near good enough IMO.
It’s a disgrace. Bring back the days of Redmond, White, Lake, Brightwell, Hinchcliffe and Moulden. Team chock-full of local, young lads, developed by the club. And a pristine trophy cabinet.
1693407835317.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.