Cole Palmer

Yes but £45 Million can't possibly be turned down either. Big money for a fringe player. City would be stupid to say no.

Got to put sentiment aside,and look at the bigger picture.

IMO,its a strange decision from the players POV.....but from ours it makes great business sense.

I don't think the money is that big tbh. Not in this market that's splurging on young and unproven talent, from a rival in Chelsea who are spending wildly, for one of the best young English players out there who's currently the gem of our academy.

We would've gone mental if we sold Foden when he was on the fringes, and the club is on record saying we wouldn't sell even for 500 million. The consensus from the Chav supporters is that they've got the guy for a steal. It's disappointing and I'm gutted.

Last edited:
We can evaluate ‘potential’ on this one; indeed the potential has dictated price, however, look who we are today and the due diligence we command…. He’s a prospect who has undoubtedly had the numbers turn his head, that is a repetition of a few bright stars over the last few years and we haven’t been burned once; sadly for Cole, this smells of asset building from the chavs, floated in a system which is waiting for one to become an anomaly, however that nurture from top clubs is flawed when it’s not done within; a Brighton et al would of been perfect at this stage but he’ll be a nomad within 12 months imo!!

Be interesting where the lad will be this time next year? The money will of been part of why he wanted to go, at least trebling his money. With his one track mind of wanting to score shoot any opportunity think Chelsea will play him up top as an option! He is like the Mount replacement for them too..

Another one here with mixed feelings.

Good: Unbelievable price.

Bad: We have so little patience with academy products. I fully understand why, and we’re rich enough to do what the fcuk we like, but it’s still a source of regret. Also, I don’t think Chelsea’s a good career move for him, even though he’ll get mucho coin.

It isn't us that had little patience, it is young Cole.

He said it, Pep said it, and from then on a move looked likely.

Once that happened, the club were never going to force him to stay. I get and respect his thinking. But he couldn't have picked a worse move, for his own development. Decent money for us, for a player wanting out, and not being a regular.

Last edited:
I have just seen Pochettino being asked about signing Palmer, and I know that managers don't like talking about it, but he genuinely seemed surprised to hear about this one. Chelsea transfer dealings are so strange.

Does anyone know or has it been said if there’s a buy back option or sell on? If so is there a rumour of numbers for each?

Think it is unfair people acusing that he has gone for the money.

Are we aware of anyone else putting a serious offer in for him?
He may think he actually may get playing time at chelsea or has had that suggested by him.

Anyone could see with berny extending and Doku signing his playing time is limited so the sensible thing is to move on.

Since we stopped being shite a trend amongst some has started where a fault has to be found about anyone that leaves, like how dare they.

All a bit arsenal and villa that shit is, lets not get pompous, we may be the best team but doesn't mean we are always the best fit for a players career

Think it is unfair people acusing that he has gone for the money.

Are we aware of anyone else putting a serious offer in for him?
He may think he actually may get playing time at chelsea or has had that suggested by him.

Anyone could see with berny extending and Doku signing his playing time is limited so the sensible thing is to move on.

Since we stopped being shite a trend amongst some has started where a fault has to be found about anyone that leaves, like how dare they.

All a bit arsenal and villa that shit is, lets not get pompous, we may be the best team but doesn't mean we are always the best fit for a players career

Whose in Front of him at Chelsea? There squad is much deeper

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.