Cole Palmer

Don't get wrong, some people here are legitimately interested in the finances and the business end and that's cool. But it's just not what I started supporting the club for.
There's a huge difference between understanding it, and liking it.

If you support the club, I assume you want it to be succesful, to be succesful in these times, it needs to be funded somehow.

I've no great interest in finances, but I do understand why certain decisions are made, including this one.

Would I prefer Cole to be staying, and becoming a star here, yes, but I also understand that from his point of view he wants to be playing, and none of us know what chelsea have offered him.

There's a huge difference between understanding it, and liking it.

If you support the club, I assume you want it to be succesful, to be succesful in these times, it needs to be funded somehow.

I've no great interest in finances, but I do understand why certain decisions are made, including this one.

Would I prefer Cole to be staying, and becoming a star here, yes, but I also understand that from his point of view he wants to be playing, and none of us know what chelsea have offered him.

Again, the points you're responding to are more about the wider issue of the integration of academy players into the first team, not strictly about the transfer of Cole Palmer to Chelsea.

I didn't rate Palmer as much as many other clearly do. I still think he'll be a quality player but I feel like his two goals a couple of weeks ago changed the perception of him for a lot of people.

But, again, I think there's a balanced to be reached in terms of using our academy players. Many on here don't seem to think that way because whenever we sell them they explicitly state that they're happy to have extra money in the club instead.

In the short term yes he has, but he's not going to develop in the long term as good a player at Chelsea as he would have at City.

Either way he's going to spend a lot of the upcoming season sat on the bench.
There are no guarantees he'd develop at City either. At worst he is trading one bench for another with 3 times the salary.

You are always better off where you are more wanted. And Chelsea likes him far more than City.

Development comes with trust and playing time. Neither one was available at City.

I don’t know what it is, but every time I’ve seen him on the City Inside videos he looks miserable all the time.

I never could warm to him in the same way as say Rico - who looks delighted to be here.
He never looked interested, he always looked as if he couldn't be arsed

There are no guarantees he'd develop at City either. At worst he is trading one bench for another with 3 times the salary.

You are always better off where you are more wanted. And Chelsea likes him far more than City.

Development comes with trust and playing time. Neither one was available at City.

Anyway now he's gone, fuck him.

Looking forward to booing him every time he goes near the ball, throwing lighters at him when he takes a corner and tweeting snake emojis.

That's the general accepted etiquette for fans of most clubs treating ex players isn't it?

Reactions: tom

Also, this isn't really a straight forward topic, is it?

You might see selling Cole Palmer as a way of funding our club's success. I see it as a way of funding moves for unremarkable players like Kalvin Phillips or Matheus Nunes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.