Cole Palmer

I'll make no argument to suggest what palmer had done at city was worth £45 million. It wasn't, but we knew his potential and that's what chelsea were buying and were paying through the roof for.

Mudryck had done less than palmer in his career to date before chelsea signed him yet chelsea shelled out £90 million for him. 115 on caceido after 6 months of football etc. They were betting big on potential and Palmer was one of the less risky moves and paid much less than they were for others.

I believed his value was much higher, not based purely on what he had done to justify the price but simply a reflection of the market.
People seem to forget that Palmer was a key player in all our latest youth International tournaments, making him one of the best prospects in the whole of Europe if not world football. Of course not all reach their potential but generally those rare few like Palmer who are influential in getting their international youth teams to compete in latter stages of prestigious tournaments do very well. Sad loss, City should have worked harder to keep him...I bet he ends up a £100m player in years to come

I still think what the media are doing to him is unfair. He's a talisman of their hatred for all things City.

Everytime he plays well the comments about him, the pundits, whoever it is, mention City.

He's a good player but he isn't a Doku and never was.
Very very different player.. I can see cole as a number 10 in 2 - 3 years...vert vert gifted feet, not as slow as many think...but what technique he has. I can see why pundits rave about him, tbh he should have been shown more love by us (fans) when we had him... I'm gutted tbf..I wanted a future team with Telford, Callum Doyle, Foden, James Mac, Bobb, Palmer in the starting 11 (Lewis, Tommy D, in the squad)

If we keep selling academy players each year bringing in tens of millions then it’s inevitable that some fans will rue ‘the one that got away’.

We’ve got a great academy production line but realistically only one player every couple of years will break through. That means we offload a dozen or so each year that currently can’t play at the highest elite level at a young age. Some of them will go onto shine for other clubs.

It’s also essential that some do make it at the highest level. Teams will come to us trying to sign the next Cole Palmer. We can’t keep demanding huge fees if they all flop after leaving us.

Palmer is still the unfinished article, albeit with a decent potential ceiling. I think it was a combination of the players expectations and his attitude that saw him out the door. As we've seen numerous times with the current management setup, ability can only get you so far. You need to have the patience, temperament and attitude to be able to make it in this team. and with so few squad places available, there is no room for players who aren't willing to give 100% on all fronts.

We did well to offload him at a decent price, and we wouldn't have sold him if the management team didn't think we had enough cover as backup. Good luck to the lad. I hope he prospers at Chelsea, just not against us.

People seem to forget that Palmer was a key player in all our latest youth International tournaments, making him one of the best prospects in the whole of Europe if not world football. Of course not all reach their potential but generally those rare few like Palmer who are influential in getting their international youth teams to compete in latter stages of prestigious tournaments do very well. Sad loss, City should have worked harder to keep him...I bet he ends up a £100m player in years to come
He wanted to leave.
So we sold him

He's an excellent player, destined to become a top player.
If he hadn't been considered to be a 'Pep player' he wouldn't have been training with the first team, let alone playing in it.
He's definitely "one that got away"... By choice. Thankfully, we got a very good price for him.
Good luck to the lad. I hope he becomes a World beater.
If he becomes a "world beater" it will have fuck all to do with Chelsea and will be all down to Pep and the City academy .
It would be truly galling to see them profit from our production line of home grown talent given the way they have profliagately spunked wonga left right and centre

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.