Cole Palmer

With his age and injury profile we would have needed a back-up soon - if not this year, last year. He had a great Euros and was a great servant to the club regardless.
The fact that he played through injury at the back end of the 21/22 season is extremely admirable.

We were down to the bare bones, defensively, and if Aymeric had decided he wasn’t fit enough to play, I doubt we would have won the League.

530 pages.. and I haven't wanted to get into a discussion over Cole but I'll offer my 2 cents now in the off season.

Cole is a very good player but I look at him like a 15 goal winger.

Of course if he takes pens and free kicks.. that'll add to his tally but he's a 15 goal winger, not a 20 goal striker like Erling.

But his success may be a boon in disguise for the rest of the kids from the academy. Pep will know now that the kids from the academy are good enough for the PL if given a chance!

530 pages.. and I haven't wanted to get into a discussion over Cole but I'll offer my 2 cents now in the off season.

Cole is a very good player but I look at him like a 15 goal winger.

Of course if he takes pens and free kicks.. that'll add to his tally but he's a 15 goal winger, not a 20 goal striker like Erling.

But his success may be a boon in disguise for the rest of the kids from the academy. Pep will know now that the kids from the academy are good enough for the PL if given a chance!
Not sure where your going with your assessment of Palmer as a 15 goal winger....doing your best go undermine his achievements by ignoring penalties, free kicks and assists.....?

By waiting till the end of the season to make your assessment doesn't really say much for your ability to rate a footballer.

I described him as having the potential to be one of the best players on the planet early last season ....and his goal tally ,minus pens ,in his first full season as a professional is not to be snuffed at...I imagine he will work hard to improve himself over the coming seasons and increase those figures, for Cole Palmer has always strove to improve every single season of his footballing career. To finish second only go Haaland in the top league ,in your first season should attract plaudits,imo

Taking your point in isolation.....There are many teams in the world who would love a 15 goal winger,as you describe him.

Great player.not a good player.,imo.

When Francis Henry Lee smashed 31 goals for City in a 42 game season back in 1971-2 , I doubt anyone was saying yeah but he got a load of penalties ..

Not sure where your going with your assessment of Palmer as a 15 goal winger....doing your best go undermine his achievements by ignoring penalties, free kicks and assists.....?

By waiting till the end of the season to make your assessment doesn't really say much for your ability to rate a footballer.

I described him as having the potential to be one of the best players on the planet early last season ....and his goal tally ,minus pens ,in his first full season as a professional is not to be snuffed at...I imagine he will work hard to improve himself over the coming seasons and increase those figures, for Cole Palmer has always strove to improve every single season of his footballing career. To finish second only go Haaland in the top league ,in your first season should attract plaudits,imo

Taking your point in isolation.....There are many teams in the world who would love a 15 goal winger,as you describe him.

When Francis Henry Lee smashed 31 goals for City in a 42 game season back in 1971-2 , I doubt anyone was saying yeah but he got a load of penalties ..

TLDR

FFS you'd think we sold Messi!

Bother me again with your argument when he has 8 Ballon D'ors!

Francis Lee won pen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.