Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

I really feel so sad to hear this tragic news- He was part of my life- he helped me pass my final viva the night before I took it by helping City smash the rags in the League cup Nov 25 1975- only for that arse from the rags to brutally ruin his career- had the privilege of meeting him on the last day at Maine road and how humble and kind he was to my son- he signed his city shirt that day and he treasures it still. I was blessed to have been able to see him grace Maine road so many times- a truly fabulous player

Never had the pleasure to see him play, in fact the closest I ever got to him was living around the corner from his Bell Waldron restaurant in Whitefield.

This terrible news has has brought back some fond memories of my late granddad, who would just eulogise about The King. He would talk about him, probably in the same way us “younger” fans would talk about the likes of David Silva and Aguero today. He was held in such high regard, that those of us who weren’t around in the late 60s to see him play, still felt like we knew him because of parents/grandparents. It takes a special kind of person/footballer to have that impact on a football club.

RIP Colin and thank you for the memories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.