Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

My dads favourite player i always remember asking my dad why the called him nijinsky he replied" because he has the lungs of a racehorse he could run all day".Very sad day to be a blue hope he gets the respect from both red and blue he deserves tommorow rip the king.
I think it was Big Mal who nicknamed him Nijinsky

I wanted to be him whenever I played football, perhaps the greatest compliment any player can get - to inspire others. A giant of this club and the game as a whole, such very sad news and I am very moved, even though I was just the wrong side of seeing him in the flesh when I was younger. My mum died a year ago tomorrow and the king dies today. All my heartfelt sympathies to his family.

RIP Colin Bell

Never saw him play. But his name will stick in my memory forever. My dad got me a pair of short when I was kid remember complaining they weren't comfortable. He pointed out to me the name tag read Colin Bell. I asked him who he was he replied the greatest footballer ever. I wore them every day. Opening a beer for first time in 6 month for Colin the king.

If you were lucky enough to be born into my generation, 54 years a Blue, you will know that being Blue, was something you wore on your heart with sheer pride.
Colin was the sheer epitome of why we’re proud to be Blue.
He was classy, cool, a thoroughbred of a man.
He was a vastly underestimated international footballer, who did indeed deserve to inherit the name Nijinsky
He graced Maine Road in my halcyon years, and was a massive influence on my youth.
I have been lucky enough to meet him on more than one occasion, and I can tell you he was a warm, measured human being, who always had time to chat all things City to a fellow blue.
I believe I am lucky enough to possess his sacred no 8 shirt, from his injury comeback game against Newcastle United in 1977
I have and will treasure this possession forever.

I don’t mind saying I am balling my eyes out as I write this.
We will never see his like again.

RIP COLIN THE KING
You will be loved and missed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.