Colin Hendry.

I have. Doesnt change a thing for me though. You lot hated Samaras and I loved him. Swings and roundabouts.

I definitely didn't hate Samaras. He was much maligned and couldn't help being injured.

Of course I could be influenced by the fact that he twice blew me a kiss as I shouted for him! Once as he was taking a throw in just to the left of us and the second time when he was warming up on the touchline, in the days when they warmed up on the right of the dug outs!

:-)

(I am old not dead and can appreciate a good player.................. or should that be a good looking player?)

I definitely didn't hate Samaras. He was much maligned and couldn't help being injured.

Of course I could be influenced by the fact that he twice blew me a kiss as I shouted for him! Once as he was taking a throw in just to the left of us and the second time when he was warming up on the touchline, in the days when they warmed up on the right of the dug outs!

(I am old not dead and can appreciate a good player.................. or should that be a good looking player?)
Samaras was a dead ringer for Conchita Wurst.

A girl l worked with lived next door to a City club house in Cheadle Hulme.
One day she announced their new neighbour was 'the ugliest man she had ever seen'.
Totally unconnected, Steve Mcclaren's wife and family lived in the same road. Mcclaren himself wasnt seen much as he lurched from one failure to another here and on the continent.

Back on topic, I’m just watching a documentary about the 1998 World Cup. Colin Hendry, the summer that he joined Rangers, captained Scotland against Brazil and Ronaldo at his peak. Only an unfortunate own goal by Celtic’s Tommy Boyd prevented Scotland from earning a point.

All you can do as a supporter is judge players on how they perform with your team. He was great for us, I am biologically programmed to be a moaning **** about players. I dont believe in sentiment, you are either good enough or can fuck off. I played to a good standard, but I didnt make it. If I can accept I want good enough I can certainly do the same for any other ****.

And I loved Sammy.

Dont know how we got onto this really.

it was all about yout weird diatribe about colin hendry

Dont know how we got onto this really.

it was all about yout weird diatribe about colin hendry
Nothing weird about it. He wasn't as good as he was claimed to be. I was just pointing that out and using how the sevco supporters in the press continually talk up any player who signs for their team. He was a fucking carthorse.

He scored against Utd in the 3-3 so he will do for me and I belive his wife past away so watch what you say guys.
Yeah, she did. So far (AFAIAA), you're the first to mention her. I would hope that the vast majority on here wouldn't think about making any comments on Colin linked to his wife's passing.

Nothing weird about it. He wasn't as good as he was claimed to be. I was just pointing that out and using how the sevco supporters in the press continually talk up any player who signs for their team. He was a fucking carthorse.
But he wasn't was he? On here, you have a group of supporters who watched him finish 5th in the English top flight and not one has said a bad word about him. He left City when Blackburn were building a team that went to the very top and won the league with him in their defence. He then went to Rangers during a period when they could buy big and won the treble with them. During this time, he captained Scotland in a World Cup where they were narrowly beaten by what was known as Brazil's "Dream Team".

Just because the Daily Record said something you didn't like about some Slovakian that once played for Celtic, doesn't mean you should hold a 20-odd year grudge and slate a central defender who was better than any that have played in green and white hoops since (barring Dick van Dijk).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.