Collective Grievance At Work

Girl in our team being bullied by our new line manager. She's been to HR and they took his side. He made her move desks and now sits by a window which has a major draft. I reported it to maintenance who can't fix it easily due to age of the building and windows (it's at Hampton court palace). I asked could she move back to her original desk (few feet away other side of the office) he replied no she sits where I say. If not happy she can stuff the gap with newspaper. I've told him that's not acceptable and been to union but she's scared to take it further.

In November she applied for cutting down a day from Feb due to child minder not being available. She asked for update last week and he'd forgotten about it. She asked to work from home when bus strike was on but he said no (she's quite capable of doing her job from home) but he said no and she had to get her kids out of bed so her husband could bring her in. Same day he let another guy work from home even though he had alternative means of public transport.

Before going on holiday I asked could I work from home as easier for me to get to airport and saves on 90 minute commute. He said no had to come in and bring cases with me. That wasn't an option so I ended up working in office and having to get taxi to airport rather than free public transport (I'm over 60). I'd asked weeks in advance but he let that other guy work from home same day and he'd only asked could days before. I had created a teams chat for bit of banter between us (before he started). The guy who he lets work from home told him about it. His boss said we had to add him or delete the chat as there was no one to be excluded. This wasn't an official chat just one between few of us. I deleted it.

I have long list of things for my next development review which is supposed to be every few months but no sign of one yet. In an informal meeting after he started he told 3 of us we offer nothing to the office dynamic. He also told me don't make office feel very welcoming and also offer nothing to the team, the dept or organisation. 3 of us got combined years of 56 years (mine been 16 years). He'd been there a few months at the time.
Never ever checks in on guys at other sites and they could go weeks without hearing from him

Last edited:
Girl in our team being bullied by our new line manager. She's been to HR and they took his side. He made her move desks and now sits by a window which has a major draft. I reported it to maintenance who can't fix it easily due to age of the building and windows (it's at Hampton court palace). I asked could she move back to her original desk (few feet away other side of the office) he replied no she sits where I say. If not happy she can stuff the gap with newspaper. I've told him that's not acceptable and been to union but she's scared to take it further. In November she applied for cutting down a day from Feb due to child minder not being available. She asked for update last week and he'd forgotten about it. She asked to work from home when bus strike was on but he said no (she's quite capable of doing her job from home) but he said no and she had to get her kids out of bed so her husband could bring her in. Same day he let another guy work from home even though he had alternative means of public transport. Before going on holiday I asked could I work from home as easier for me to get to airport and saves on 90 minute commute. He said no had to come in and bring cases with me. That wasn't an option so I ended up working in office and having to get taxi to airport rather than free public transport (I'm over 60). I'd asked weeks in advance but he let that other guy work from home same day and he'd only asked could days before. I had created a teams chat for bit of banter between us (before he started). The guy who he lets work from home told him about it. His boss said we had to add him or delete the chat as there was no one to be excluded. This wasn't an official chat just one between few of us. I deleted it. I have long list of things for my next development review which is supposed to be every few months but no sign of one yet. In an informal meeting after he started he told 3 of us we offer nothing to the office dynamic. He also told me don't make office feel very welcoming and also offer nothing to the team, the dept or organisation. 3 of us got combined years of 56 years (mine been 16 years). He'd been there a few months at the time. Never ever checks in on guys at other sites and they could go weeks without hearing from him

I would put you in the draft til you started using paragraphs. :)

Girl in our team being bullied by our new line manager. She's been to HR and they took his side. He made her move desks and now sits by a window which has a major draft. I reported it to maintenance who can't fix it easily due to age of the building and windows (it's at Hampton court palace). I asked could she move back to her original desk (few feet away other side of the office) he replied no she sits where I say. If not happy she can stuff the gap with newspaper. I've told him that's not acceptable and been to union but she's scared to take it further.

In November she applied for cutting down a day from Feb due to child minder not being available. She asked for update last week and he'd forgotten about it. She asked to work from home when bus strike was on but he said no (she's quite capable of doing her job from home) but he said no and she had to get her kids out of bed so her husband could bring her in. Same day he let another guy work from home even though he had alternative means of public transport.

Before going on holiday I asked could I work from home as easier for me to get to airport and saves on 90 minute commute. He said no had to come in and bring cases with me. That wasn't an option so I ended up working in office and having to get taxi to airport rather than free public transport (I'm over 60). I'd asked weeks in advance but he let that other guy work from home same day and he'd only asked could days before. I had created a teams chat for bit of banter between us (before he started). The guy who he lets work from home told him about it. His boss said we had to add him or delete the chat as there was no one to be excluded. This wasn't an official chat just one between few of us. I deleted it.

I have long list of things for my next development review which is supposed to be every few months but no sign of one yet. In an informal meeting after he started he told 3 of us we offer nothing to the office dynamic. He also told me don't make office feel very welcoming and also offer nothing to the team, the dept or organisation. 3 of us got combined years of 56 years (mine been 16 years). He'd been there a few months at the time.
Never ever checks in on guys at other sites and they could go weeks without hearing from him
pay children to throw eggs at his car after school.

Does anybody have any experience of this please??

Basically, we have a small team (around ten people) and one guy is causing issues with his laziness, attitude, application and it's upsetting the other nine.

So, the other nine have written an informal letter with a few example of where the individual has caused them grief, they have all signed the letter and two of them want to sit with the individual and read the letter with him as they don't want to escalate the issue (yet) to HR or senior management.

Could this letter be classed as bullying if the individual wants to take it further / make it formal??

Of course the individual needs to get his point across, but he really is causing distress and angst amongst the others.

Has anyone experienced issues similar to this??
In my working life someone who was shit at their job got told straight. Shape up or ship out.

Does anybody have any experience of this please??

Basically, we have a small team (around ten people) and one guy is causing issues with his laziness, attitude, application and it's upsetting the other nine.

So, the other nine have written an informal letter with a few example of where the individual has caused them grief, they have all signed the letter and two of them want to sit with the individual and read the letter with him as they don't want to escalate the issue (yet) to HR or senior management.

Could this letter be classed as bullying if the individual wants to take it further / make it formal??

Of course the individual needs to get his point across, but he really is causing distress and angst amongst the others.

Has anyone experienced issues similar to this??
If you want some advice on dealing with lazy bastards who won't apply themselves then email this guy: erik.tenhag@manutd.com

I’m sure the original poster is genuine and most of the replies are well intended.

However, it’s impossible to really be able to gauge the situation without being in amongst it.

Some people are highly motivated, grateful for the job and constantly go above and beyond what is expected of them. If a bunch of people are like this, it can become the expected norm.

But someone else might see the job purely as a means to earn money and have no motivation to do any more than the bare minimum.

The bare minimum might sound to the first bunch of people as laziness and something that needs addressing. But if that person is doing what they’re contracted to do, it’s no-one else’s business to tell them otherwise.

Fact is, with any bunch of random 10 people, you’re unlikely to ever get all 10 getting on famously.

100% you need to do a shit on his desk.
Sounds like a right twunt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.