Come on Ivory Coast.

It was one of the worst moments of "football" i've ever seen, on so many levels. Keita runs into Kaka. Kaka holds his arm out to cushion the blow. Keita simulataneously gets taken out by a sniper in the croud, and rolls around holding his face, which is presumably where the bullet penetrated him. In the meantime, the ref is looking in the opposite direction. He did not see it, and neither did any of the other officials. Keita is rolling around like mad. The blood from his gun shot wound must be pouring out all over the place. Other players see that Keita is dying and decide to have a bit of a kerfuffle. None of the players saw it either and are simply pushing each other around for the sake of it. The ref then sees a player dead on the ground, and all the other players scuffling. He then assumes Kaka was the one with the sniper rifle hidden in his socks, and sends him off simply because of the reaction of the players. What a joke of a ref, joke of a human being in Keita, and joke of a reaction by the other players. If this is what football has become, a game of deceit, lies and play-acting akin to what you would expect to see in WWF, then i want out right now. This is not football.

Tricky_Trev said:
It was one of the worst moments of "football" i've ever seen, on so many levels. Keita runs into Kaka. Kaka holds his arm out to cushion the blow. Keita simulataneously gets taken out by a sniper in the croud, and rolls around holding his face, which is presumably where the bullet penetrated him. In the meantime, the ref is looking in the opposite direction. He did not see it, and neither did any of the other officials. Keita is rolling around like mad. The blood from his gun shot wound must be pouring out all over the place. Other players see that Keita is dying and decide to have a bit of a kerfuffle. None of the players saw it either and are simply pushing each other around for the sake of it. The ref then sees a player dead on the ground, and all the other players scuffling. He then assumes Kaka was the one with the sniper rifle hidden in his socks, and sends him off simply because of the reaction of the players. What a joke of a ref, joke of a human being in Keita, and joke of a reaction by the other players. If this is what football has become, a game of deceit, lies and play-acting akin to what you would expect to see in WWF, then i want out right now. This is not football.
Summed up perfectly.

Tricky_Trev said:

Wonderfully put.

Bigga said:
de niro said:
kaka has been wronged, the player openly cheated to get him sent off, he actually ran over to the stationary kaka to cause the trouble.

That might have been so, Bill.

But, in football, if you're attacked, you fall over. You don't mete out your own punishment of a 'protective' elbow. That's like kicking back in self defence, in footballing terms.

Kaká is not stupid, he knows the rules.

He realised his mistake and pleaded innocence, even when the replay showed he 'reacted'.

Right decision when we look at what the current law says.
Kaka did NOTHING wrong at all. He was cheated.

Joycee Banercheck said:
It often amazes me how football fans can come to entirely opposite conclusions after having watched the exact same thing. I'm in full agreement with Joycee on this one and simply can't believe anyone saw anything in that incident whatsoever that warranted a yellow card. But then Bigga is probably reading this and shaking his head in disbelief that we DIDN'T see anything in it.

As they say, it's a funny old game.

Tricky_Trev said:

Well said, alas, i think it's too late to save our game, it's well and truly f**ked.

Dubai Blue said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
It often amazes me how football fans can come to entirely opposite conclusions after having watched the exact same thing. I'm in full agreement with Joycee on this one and simply can't believe anyone saw anything in that incident whatsoever that warranted a yellow card. But then Bigga is probably reading this and shaking his head in disbelief that we DIDN'T see anything in it.

As they say, it's a funny old game.
Agree with the fact that we all saw it and have differing views. Imagine if the ref did see it - he couldn't win (i.e. give the 'correct' decision) as some fans would agree and some would not.

This does not alter the fact, however, that he didn't see it.

Tricky_Trev said:

Yer right TT. It ain't football, it's FIFA's World Cup!

"What goes around, come around"

"things usually balance themselves out over a season"

etc., etc. etc.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RKo_50sWW4[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.