Comedy Genius.

Rik Mayall and Harry Enfield on telly. Very funny.
Seen Chubbs a few years ago.
Manning was very very funny. Be interesting to see how he would survive in this absolutely offended by everything culture we live in now.
I like Frankie Boyle. Anything that gets close to the bone is good for me. A weird obsession with cancer jokes has that man.

A great line by Bob Monkhouse at his final live show -
"When I said I wanted to be a comedian, they all laughed. Well, they're not laughing now".
I worked in Hanley, Stoke many years ago and Bob Monkhouse was doing shows at a venue called 'The Place,' (think that's what it was called), and I went with girls from the office to see his night show. He was actually doing 3 shows a day, the first was for young children, the second aimed at families of all ages, and by all reports, both of these shows were brilliant. The night time show was a blue one, and without doubt, it was the most hilarious, and funniest thing I've seen, as well as being the filthiest. I've been to a few of the raunchy comedian shows with lads, in pubs and clubs etc; but this one wasn't just near the knuckle, it went to the bone.
I'd only ever seen Monkhouse on the telly, and disliked his oily manner, but without doubt, his comedic ability was genius, he'd written for Jack Benny and Bob Hope, and his finale was 'Give me a topic, anything' the audience shouted random subjects, and he responded in a flash with hilarious quips and jibes, the bloke really had talent.

I worked in Hanley, Stoke many years ago and Bob Monkhouse was doing shows at a venue called 'The Place,' (think that's what it was called), and I went with girls from the office to see his night show. He was actually doing 3 shows a day, the first was for young children, the second aimed at families of all ages, and by all reports, both of these shows were brilliant. The night time show was a blue one, and without doubt, it was the most hilarious, and funniest thing I've seen, as well as being the filthiest. I've been to a few of the raunchy comedian shows with lads, in pubs and clubs etc; but this one wasn't just near the knuckle, it went to the bone.
I'd only ever seen Monkhouse on the telly, and disliked his oily manner, but without doubt, his comedic ability was genius, he'd written for Jack Benny and Bob Hope, and his finale was 'Give me a topic, anything' the audience shouted random subjects, and he responded in a flash with hilarious quips and jibes, the bloke really had talent.

He really was good as a comedian, and did he not hold the world record for most jokes in a given time at some point.

Reactions: mat
Its a shame there are no comedy greats around at the moment it's are all the same rubbish nothing makes me laugh like comedy of 20+ years ago.
Too many oh-so-leftie tossers, no-marks who think words like “****” deserve a laugh, and unfunny ethnic minority individuals at whom it’s obligatory for anyone other than Burnley-bred racists to split their sides. There again, some are just plain shit.

Last edited:
Too many oh-so-leftie tossers, no-marks who think words like “****” deserve a laugh, and unfunny ethnic minority individuals at whom it’s obligatory for anyone other than Burnley-bred racists to split their sides. There again, some are just plain shit.
Ain't this the truth, particularly that Kumar wanker, and Elton was just a gobby prick who, thankfully appears to have gone away. None of this type will leave a legacy of comedy still watched on Youtube etc;

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.