Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

All pre season games are meaningless. It’s why they’re called friendlies.

Pretty much every manager in every sport since time began have thought they were worth bothering with in preparation for the real stuff though.
Semi competitive pre season fitness/form games that generate huge revenues and sponsorship fees are now an understandable part of the clubs profile.

Additionally fans aren't expected to attend.

The FACS doesn't generate revenue or sponsorship but incurs considerable unnecessary expense for fans for little return.

Play it at the home of the Champions or scrap it.

PS....How many City fans would trek to Stamford Bridge to watch it if the chavs ever won the PL ?

Semi competitive pre season fitness/form games that generate huge revenues and sponsorship fees are now an understandable part of the clubs profile.

Additionally fans aren't expected to attend.

The FACS doesn't generate revenue or sponsorship but incurs considerable unnecessary expense for fans for little return.

Play it at the home of the Champions or scrap it.

PS....How many City fans would trek to Stamford Bridge to watch it if the chavs ever won the PL ?

Not a single person is ‘expected’ to go to it.

I really don’t get this mentality.. I don’t fancy something, so I’m going to lobby for it to be cancelled.

I won’t be going to the Southport flower show, this or any other year. But I’m quite happy for it to go ahead, so others can enjoy it, if that’s their thing.

I’ve had some great days out and mini trips to pre- season friendlies over the years. Having a friendly at your home ground is almost the literal definition of boring.

If you don’t want to go to a game. Any game. Don’t go. No one cares. I don’t understand your constant badgering for others to also not go.

Not a single person is ‘expected’ to go to it.

I really don’t get this mentality.. I don’t fancy something, so I’m going to lobby for it to be cancelled.

I won’t be going to the Southport flower show, this or any other year. But I’m quite happy for it to go ahead, so others can enjoy it, if that’s their thing.

I’ve had some great days out and mini trips to pre- season friendlies over the years. Having a friendly at your home ground is almost the literal definition of boring.

If you don’t want to go to a game. Any game. Don’t go. No one cares. I don’t understand your constant badgering for others to also not go.
Spot-on. Watching City is not compulsory and very few people can attend all matches. I like the Community Shield. It's a day-out with relatively cheap tickets. I enjoy watching City in games without the intense pressure you get in all major matches. Some fans seem to find a negative in everything. In any case a match against United is always competitive. I even went to the Arthur Albiston testimonial at the Swamp.

Pep never takes the Community Shield seriously so expect at least half a dozen players will not be travelling for this , you can guarantee the Rags will be at full strength and will be treating it like a Champs league final.

Spot-on. Watching City is not compulsory and very few people can attend all matches. I like the Community Shield. It's a day-out with relatively cheap tickets. I enjoy watching City in games without the intense pressure you get in all major matches. Some fans seem to find a negative in everything. In any case a match against United is always competitive. I even went to the Arthur Albiston testimonial at the Swamp.

With Steve Redmond running round with the cup, as if it was the World Cup itself , if I remember rightly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.