Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there when he walked in when they tried to gang up on him and Noel just did not give a fuck. Didn't break stride, didn't make eye contact, didn't care. They basically shouted abuse and ran off like a set of pussies.

Only what our own lot have done to Neville numerous times as well as swill him with beer. A bell end is a bell end sadly, whoever they support.

Personally I will take losing again even to the rags if it means we finish top of the pile in May. More than ever this is a training game and I doubt we will be taking it too seriously.

We all would because ultimately we know it has zero impact whatsoever on our season, I imagine the travelling fans parting with cash would hope at least the players take it a bit seriously. Even more so after the shit show in the game they should have taken seriously in May. The annoyance will be when we inevitably lose and the media hysteria surrounding it. Arsenal had it last year, apparently it was a mental block overcome to beat us ( a deflected equaliser in the 99th minute and a win on pens) Didn't do them much good in the end. We deserve a performance at least, if that doesn't result in a win then so be it. Can't remember the last time we played well in one? Maybe Chelsea?

Only what our own lot have done to Neville numerous times as well as swill him with beer. A bell end is a bell end sadly, whoever they support.

We all would because ultimately we know it has zero impact whatsoever on our season, I imagine the travelling fans parting with cash would hope at least the players take it a bit seriously. Even more so after the shit show in the game they should have taken seriously in May. The annoyance will be when we inevitably lose and the media hysteria surrounding it. Arsenal had it last year, apparently it was a mental block overcome to beat us ( a deflected equaliser in the 99th minute and a win on pens) Didn't do them much good in the end. We deserve a performance at least, if that doesn't result in a win then so be it. Can't remember the last time we played well in one? Maybe Chelsea?
At Villa Park?

;-)

Everybody that's back today will start this in my opinion. It's their one and only chance of a pre-season game, they have to play otherwise we go to stamford bridge with half the squad having not played a game.

Pep doesn't need to be playing the likes of Bobb and Grealish and Lewis, they've had a full pre-season and are fit at this point. Kovacic and gvardiol still need to get upto scratch so they play the 90, Haaland may need it after the niggles he's reportedly had and we don't have another striker as Alvarez has just started his holiday.

Ortega
Akanji
Dias
Ake
Gvardiol
Kovacic
Bernardo
Kdb
Doku
Nunes
Haaland.

Savinho off the bench after an hour, Foden, Stones, walker and Rodri to potentially get minutes off the bench depending on when they come back otherwise bobb, grealish, Lewis to come in after 60-70 minutes to replace whoever is gassed.

Personally I will take losing again even to the rags if it means we finish top of the pile in May. More than ever this is a training game and I doubt we will be taking it too seriously.
This from Pep…

"Next week we play for the first trophy of the season [the Community Shield against the rags at Wembley]. Two weeks we play at Stamford Bridge again, that's my only concern."

I edited the rags to the rags!

This will be the first time I don’t make the trip to Wembley when we’re playing there, since 1974.
Most, if not all the guys I go to games with aren’t bothering and the supporters club aren’t running a coach/transport because so few were going.
Hope everyone that does go enjoys the day, particularly those who’ve been able to get tickets when they normally can’t.
I know, come the morning of the game I’ll be kicking myself, but hey ho.
Come on City…
I originally wasn't going to bother but had a last minute change of heart with all the shit going on in this country so on Friday I treated myself to a Level 2 ticket at the FOC rate of £65. I must be mad!

Sorry I did mean West Ham through the OSC
ALSO just booked Plzen with Hearts
I went to Plzen with City. A fantastic trip. The famous brewery is attached to the stadium by a footbridge. It has a huge beer hall in the brewery itself. Absoulutely sensational. Flew to Berlin on very cheap flights and got the train to Prague and then Plzen. Train was also very cheap if you book in advance. A stunning rail journey along the River Elbe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.