Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

I don't recall anyone refusing to play us.
1968 - City were champions and we played the cup winners West Brom at Maine Rd, won 6-1.
1969 - Leeds champions, City cup winners and we played them at Elland Rd, lost 2-1.
1972 - Derby were champions, Leeds cup winners and Villa (third tier champions!) played City (4th place) at Villa Park, lost 1-0.
1973 - Liverpool champions, Sunderland cup winners and City played Burnley at Maine Rd and lost 0-1.
1972, beat Villa 1-0, not lost 1-0.

It will be interesting to see if we can sell this out so quickly with no treble win this season.
I think reasons it won't sell

It's the charity shield - so not overly important for the cost of ticket/travel
It's the rags - for a friendly in london are seeing them worth the hassle.
Early august - still summer holiday time

reasons it will sell

If the transfer wimdow is a successful exciting one, a chamce to see the new players.
Pre season is ahorter every season and with only acouple of US games many will be eager to see us live asap.
tourist fans will biy a ticket for any available game.

will eventually sell out but will go down to general sale.

I thought it was about raising funds for worthy causes?
Playing it at Wembley is all about paying the incompetent FA unearned funds to settle its debts on a stadium that could and should've been built for a fraction of the cost next to the NEC nr Birmingham.

Irrational incompetence in plain sight.

Even if the two teams involved have to trek 200 miles from the NW to the Capital, and their followers have to fork out huge sums of money for the ‘privilege’?

Barking bloody mad!
Personally I would be open to playing at another neutral ground in the north, but it's the neutral part that's most important IMO.

I don't think it's mad at all though. Name any other country where they do what you're proposing? A lot of countries are much larger than ours, but still travel to the capital for cup finals and super cups.

Mess about with that and you could open the door to a worse scenario, where they will play it in Saudi or in the States simply for financial reasons.

Personally I would be open to playing at another neutral ground in the north, but it's the neutral part that's most important IMO.

I don't think it's mad at all though. Name any other country where they do what you're proposing? A lot of countries are much larger than ours, but still travel to the capital for cup finals and super cups.

Mess about with that and you could open the door to a worse scenario, where they will play it in Saudi or in the States simply for financial reasons.
Only a matter of time before it’s played on foreign shores

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.