Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've donated, good cause regardless on what I decide to do with Boycott.

Have to admit I'm on the fence on if to boycott. Don't mean to be defeatist but ultimately unless a significant amount of people do not go, it has little chance of making a difference. I'm not even convinced it would make a difference to the FA even if no City fans went, they just don't care unless a significant sponser threatens to pull fincancial backing which i can't see happening, much like the constant shambles we see with UEFA. The other problem is even if 1000s of regular people don't buy a ticket, does not stop those that go less snapping up the chance for a ticket or even a bunch of arsenal supporters taking them. So then you are left with a choice of taking the seat and not going, giving FA the money; or not and risking it given to someone else.

I am on the fence though because taking this attitude of it won't make a difference is also not great because if people always did that the world would be very different.

Given this won't be supported by OSC, and looks to be mainly supported by us 'legacy fans', I'm wondering if a protest at the stadium might be our best bet. I can't see more than a couple of 1000 at best Boycotting which will make no difference, the same couple of 1000 would make more difference protesting on Wembley way. Then again police might exercise certain rights to stop such a protest...

Very difficult one...

On the whole "do we care about fans mocking empty seats...", I really don't care anymore, people have their agenda and will stick to it even when there isn't any real evidence. Just look at the recent parade, people saying that the photos are fake because there was a "guy floating in the air on top of a sign", well that's because there was, also a guy on top of a traffic light. So it really doesn't matter, people will continue with these kind of false statements.

Not TV money for the CS though.
To my knowledge there hasn't been a PL game in London on a Sunday at 5.30pm which had a team north of Birmingham / Nottingham playing in it.
Didn’t United play West Ham away the other week at something like 7pm on a Sunday? That said, I don’t think there was room in that weekend’s TV schedule to play it at a more reasonable time, whereas with this game it can kick off at any time between, say, 1pm and 4pm and not clash with any other televised fixtures.

Last edited:
I still can't work out why Arsenal are involved in it. It's the winners of the league Vs winners of FA cup. In the rare (2 in last 5) event of a double, surely it should be the FA Cup runners up of the League Cup winners, conveniently both the rags?

In terms of the league, Brentford have more right to be there than Arsenal.

I still can't work out why Arsenal are involved in it. It's the winners of the league Vs winners of FA cup. In the rare (2 in last 5) event of a double, surely it should be the FA Cup runners up of the League Cup winners, conveniently both the rags?

In terms of the league, Brentford have more right to be there than Arsenal.
As long as I can remember, it’s always been like this if a team has done the double. We played Liverpool in 2019 when we did the double as, like Arsenal, they were runners-up in the league

have'nt read all posts, but has there been given an explanation as to why Arsenal are playing?
If one team wins league and cup then the opponent is decided on a set criteria. In order it's based on :
- Who won the league last year.
- Who won the league the year before that.
- Last team to win a domestic quadruple.
- Invitational event against the CL winners.

After that it just uses alphabetical order. And AFC Bournemouth said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.