Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it just us that want to boycott or arsenal as well ?

I think Arsenal fans would be happy to snap up additional tickets, but they won’t get them due to segregation rules.

I’m sure Arsenal will field a full strength team so they can get their season off to a (trophy) winning start. Just like Liverpool did last season.

We’ll probably field a mixture of 1st, squad and youth players with the Super Cup a Week later, which will feature most of the 1st team players.

Bizarre how I watched City wallop WBA 6-1 in 1968 in the Charity shield and we all considered it a lark. Nobody added it to the trophy lists then. It wasn’t until Maureen came along calling it a trophy that it seemed to get elevated.
My first ever City game.

That's be honest it's a glorified friendly. Wembley is an expensive shit hole. I have no idea how much the tickets are because I'm not going.

I live in ramsgate so closer than most City fans but I guess it would cost me over a 100 quid. I need that for my holiday !. Plus I hate going into London.

Poisoned chalice anyway I’m sure only one winner of the last 11 have won the league and that was us

Already going, but cheers for posting as I'd assumed it would be at Edgeley Park as per previous years!
The Guildhall is easy to find, head towards Buxton from centre of Stockport and its almost opposite the last bit of Stockport College. Bus stop is outside the front door.

That would have been case any way.

As the official supporters association they have decided not to back the boycott. Which is is fair enough. That’s what they’ve chosen to do. They could have backed the boycott and also said it’s up to OSC branches and their individuals to make their own minds up.

Just out of interest. Not fishing. Just genuinely interested. How are decisions like this made within the OSC? Are the branch secretaries consulted, is a decision made by an OSC committee, or another way, if anyone knows? I take it the club doesn’t have any input or say into these kind of decisions?

I can’t answer that I’m afraid - just saw it on twitter! Personally I won’t be going and think we should boycott but understand there are mixed views and they have to accept that.

Reactions: jrb
Bizarre how I watched City wallop WBA 6-1 in 1968 in the Charity shield and we all considered it a lark. Nobody added it to the trophy lists then. It wasn’t until Maureen came along calling it a trophy that it seemed to get elevated.
Yeah it is the arrival of continental managers that has changed it's status as german, Italiansl, Spanish, Catalan, Portugese coaches consider these super cups in their cointries and the waffa one as serious trophies, where British managers seemed to be indifferent, sure the old piss can said he used to use them to get injured and fringe players match fit and was never taken seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.