Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would have been case any way.

As the official supporters association they have decided not to back the boycott. Which is is fair enough. That’s what they’ve chosen to do. They could have backed the boycott and also said it’s up to OSC branches and their individuals to make their own minds up.

Just out of interest. Not fishing. Just genuinely interested. How are decisions like this made within the OSC? Are the branch secretaries consulted, is a decision made by an OSC committee, or another way, if anyone knows? I take it the club doesn’t have any input or say into these kind of decisions?
I think that's a good question...worthy of a answer from someone. Our branch hasn't been consulted by head office to gain our view...so I reckon, KP and his inner circle have made the decision!

What happens with all the unsold tickets. Do city get charged the cost if they don’t sell or return them by a certain date. Do they have to request the 30k+ tickets from the FA. Could the FA then decide to give arsenal 50k tickets to offset the bad look the empty seats will give

I still can't work out why Arsenal are involved in it. It's the winners of the league Vs winners of FA cup. In the rare (2 in last 5) event of a double, surely it should be the FA Cup runners up of the League Cup winners, conveniently both the rags?

In terms of the league, Brentford have more right to be there than Arsenal.
I think the FA simply.dont want a repeat of the FA Cup final 2 months apart for the CS game which makes semse

I still can't work out why Arsenal are involved in it. It's the winners of the league Vs winners of FA cup. In the rare (2 in last 5) event of a double, surely it should be the FA Cup runners up of the League Cup winners, conveniently both the rags?

In terms of the league, Brentford have more right to be there than Arsenal.
If the same club wins the league and cup,then the runners up in the league are invited to play,just like when we played the dippers the season after winning the domestic treble

If the same club wins the league and cup,then the runners up in the league are invited to play,just like when we played the dippers the season after winning the domestic treble
At least that season no one had won anything domestically and I'm not sure Watford would have wanted another day at Wembley

That would have been case any way.

As the official supporters association they have decided not to back the boycott. Which is is fair enough. That’s what they’ve chosen to do. They could have backed the boycott and also said it’s up to OSC branches and their individuals to make their own minds up.

Just out of interest. Not fishing. Just genuinely interested. How are decisions like this made within the OSC? Are the branch secretaries consulted, is a decision made by an OSC committee, or another way, if anyone knows? I take it the club doesn’t have any input or say into these kind of decisions?
Without attempting to drag up the past too much, that is how the split formed between the OSC and the Centenary Supporters Association - one day Frank Horrocks (at the height of the Swales out campaign) was quoted as saying the OSC was 100% behind Swales.
At the next meeting, branch delegates questioned this saying they were not asked and how was this decision made. 10 branches quit on the night and formed the new Association.
Back then the OSC had too much to lose by going against Swales such as the use of the social club, tickets and players at branch meetings.

If all city fans who go to games puts a fiver in this it will raise £275,000, with gift aid £340,000. And if the news channels don’t cover it, we will have confirmation of their agenda against us…no hiding anymore. Would much rather do this than travel to that shit hole at 5:30 on a Sunday
Sky Sports News channel were running the story on the rolling banner this morning.

i’m in 1894. There is no issue whatsoever from our point of view if OSC feel they cannot publicly back a boycott for whatever reason feeling compromised etc or if only half of the Citymatters reps sign the letter. We expect a significant boycott. Some fans will still go as is their choice. But what we are urging is fans fo think carefully here. If you don’t make a stand now under what circumstances do you make a stand ?

OSC have supported 1894 financially. Will never be blue v blue just blue v FA/ITV

It's a joke of a contest, just a money making scam and I doubt very much goes to community charities at the end of the day.

It used to be a serious competition in the early 1900s in which it was the winners of the Football League when it only had one tier and the winners of the Southern League, which was seen as the Football League's rival and second strongest.

It was like AFC vs NFC in the Super Bowl. For five years this arrangement was in place and Brighton are the only Southern League team to win it during this period. 1910 it was and their only major trophy seeing that it was at the time.

For this to be an attractive fixture it should be almost just that today, being Premier League winners vs Championship winners or runners up. The first match would be at Wembley vs the 1st and second placed team in the Championship and then the winner of that going to Wembley to play the English Champions.

A nice way for the newly promoted teams to get a day out at Wembley or two seeing you don't get one if you go up automatically.

The Super Cup should be the same; Sevilla and West Ham play on the same ground as the final, then whoever wins that plays us in the final itself.

Makes it more attractive and not a pointless one match affair. Funny how they were seen as pointless friendlies in the past, but when the Rags win it's suddenly a huge deal.

I always love trips down to Wembley - semis, finals and even the Charity Shield. Mainly because it's one of the few chances I get to be at an 'away' game with fellow Blues due to not having enough points.

Enjoy having a few ales in my favourite boozers and wondering around the sights of that there London. Getting down there on the train is good value from Yorkshire and I even have somewhere to kip, so the kick off times don't hit me too bad.

However, I recognise that we have reached a stage where the fans are being constantly shat on from a great height by the FA, PL, UEFA and even our own beloved club. Just look to the non existent response to the problems in Istanbul from City as an example of that.

So fck em all and Viva La Revolution! I'm joining the boycott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.