Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people will have to take Monday off work? .

Not been funny but why would anyone have to take Monday off work, unless they were desperate for a lie in ?

Do people generally book a days holiday every time they’re not in bed by 11 pm?

People really are missing the point with this game. It could have been scheduled at any point across the weekend and the FA and TV companies picked the worst slot they could.

The late kick off time isn't just the issue, if it was Saturday there wouldn't be a boycott, stop comparing it to Champions League games/Super Cup games where there isn't another slot in the calendar for those games.

It's the day and the time that is the issue! Sunday's are notoriously more difficult to travel and City may be one of the priorities for us but we also have to go to work on the Monday to pay for these trips. People can't justify doing it for a game that doesn't matter that much.

I would have driven making it a bit easier as I might make it home before midnight on the Sunday but I just can't justify it.

To me and I'm sure most people agree because I'm driving I would have preferred Friday at 8pm to this, at least I can sleep it off and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
But tv and FA have picked the time because it maximises the TV audience. We might not like it as match going fans but that is the reality. It's been on a Sunday for years hasn't it so the day is no surprise.

I would argue your point about travel on a Sunday too. Are the roads and trains less busy on a Sunday?
I know from my own personal experience after numerous Wembley trips my preferred choice by Rail is easier to arrange on a Sunday.

As for the work issue, you've said you would travel down on a Friday but then say you'd have to take a Monday off if the game was a Sunday, what's the difference 1 days leave regardless?

Personally I wish the CS was fucked off for good but this one I'm going too and as with everything, you have 2 choices.

What's worse? 5pm on a Sunday kick off time for this game or our own club selling Madrid tickets to a Champions League semifinal to day trippers rather than long term match-going fans? I think we need to look at our own clubs ticketing policy too.
Think you're onto something there.

Sell it out to Day trippers.

It falls on the same weekend as the Great British Beer Festival at Olympia, so will definitely be making a weekend of it, train strikes permitting!
I like your thinking

I've done similar, well sort of.

Family break outside London, family trip to a couple of exhibitions and the game with my eldest lad for his first trip to Wembley.

People are going on as if it's the other side of the world, it's London 180 miles away!

Not been funny but why would anyone have to take Monday off work, unless they were desperate for a lie in ?

If you're getting out of Wembley at 7.20ish and back home in bed by 11 then you've either got the worlds greatest car parking space or you drive home way too fast.

If you're getting out of Wembley at 7.20ish and back home in bed by 11 then you've either got the worlds greatest car parking space or you drive home way too fast.

I mean, I randomly said 11. Call it 12 or God forbid 1 am. Are the only two choices really get your full 8 hours kip or book a days holiday?

It depends what time the match finishes.

Is there extra time, in addition to penalties? The trophy lift and celebrations. Getting to the coaches, waiting for everyone to get on the coaches, getting out of the coach park, getting to your car, getting out of London, getting home on the motorway. Getting the tube, the train, getting home from Piccadilly Train Station, etc. I don’t want to guess a time you and other City fans could get home on Monday morning depending on various scenarios.

Would I want to go into work on Monday after spending all day traveling and watching the match, no I wouldn’t.

Thankfully for me one of my day’s off in the week is a Monday. Most people work on a Monday. Otherwise I would have to use one of my holidays. Monday aside, I start work at 5am every morning. Hence why I don’t do midweek away games. Even midweek homes games are a pain, but I still go to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.