Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The FA and the PL really don’t give a shit about the fans and tradition.

The FA Cup replays could be scrapped, the early rounds moved to midweeks and the final staged on an ordinary Premier League weekend from the 2024-25 season in the biggest shake-up in the competition’s 152-year history.

Mail Sport has been told the terms of an extraordinary deal which would see the Premier League sell overseas TV rights for the FA Cup for ten years from the 2024-25 season, giving the top-flight clubs control of the entire domestic calendar.

The FA insist that the tender process for overseas rights remains ongoing, but it is understood chief executive Mark Bullingham is minded to accept the Premier League's offer and their terms, which include:

• The abolition of FA Cup replays.
  • The prospect of early rounds of the competition being played midweek.
  • The end of a stand-alone weekend for the FA Cup final at the end of the season, with the showpiece occasion being brought forward to clash with a regular weekend of Premier League fixtures every year.
  • The FA Cup final will likely be held on the penultimate Saturday of the season, with a full Premier League schedule taking place on the Sunday
  • A 10-year deal to sell foreign TV rights for all overseas markets, and the possibility of subsequently selling the domestic rights, which are currently held by BBC and ITV.
  • An increased offer payment from the Premier League to the FA to fund grassroots football.
And yet people won't boycott a friendly to make a stand against the greed of those that run the shit show.

forget the sitting on the fence remarks and "people have the right to do as they wish" bullshit.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Keep turning up and nothing will change.
And i would more than likely have gone if it was Saturday, like i have on 7 other Wembley trips.

And yet people won't boycott a friendly to make a stand against the greed of those that run the shit show.

If people really feel strongly enough about being messed about and want to show their dissent, it needs someone to rally fans from all 20 clubs and have an organised boycott of all Premier League games one weekend. With clearly defined demands that are un-negotiable but also realistic.

Not knocking anyone over this but it won’t be particularly noticeable on TV. People expect to see swathes of empty seats in a 90,000 ground for a friendly.

If every ground across all 10 matches one weekend was even only 75% full, people all over the world would be asking why and it would get huge publicity and air time.

forget the sitting on the fence remarks and "people have the right to do as they wish" bullshit.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Keep turning up and nothing will change.
And i would more than likely have gone if it was Saturday, like i have on 7 other Wembley trips.
Are you not doing as you wish then,this is turning to a blue on blue sinario,I’m going ,don’t give a shit what you or anyone else thinks,at least your supporting the problem by watching it on tv,if you all turned your teles off that would hurt their viewing figures more,infact you’ve probably increased their viewing figures

If people really feel strongly enough about being messed about and want to show their dissent, it needs someone to rally fans from all 20 clubs and have an organised boycott of all Premier League games one weekend. With clearly defined demands that are un-negotiable but also realistic.

Not knocking anyone over this but it won’t be particularly noticeable on TV. People expect to see swathes of empty seats in a 90,000 ground for a friendly.

If every ground across all 10 matches one weekend was even only 75% full, people all over the world would be asking why and it would get huge publicity and air time.
I totally agree. The 20 is plenty showed what can be achieved. The problem is how to organise it and who to organise it.
My beef isn't just with this match it is about the way all football is going. (Look at the fa cup proposals, killing a great tradition) Unfortunately, at present there is no concerted campaign and so little will be achieved.

I totally agree. The 20 is plenty showed what can be achieved. The problem is how to organise it and who to organise it.
My beef isn't just with this match it is about the way all football is going. (Look at the fa cup proposals, killing a great tradition) Unfortunately, at present there is no concerted campaign and so little will be achieved.

Fan’s do have the power collectively. And something like a reduction in prices for away tickets was an achievable goal. Full credit to those who organised that campaign. I said somewhere else the other day, that without it I’m sure we’d be paying over £100 for certain London aways by now.

The problem with organising a campaign around a general disconnect about the way the game is going, is you need to have specific aims to have any chance of achieving anything. And it’s difficult to find any consensus on exactly what they are.

As for the FA Cup, that’s been on the decline for decades. People like to point at United withdrawing that year as the turning point. But it goes back way further than that. Players used to come to this league and name winning the Cup as their ultimate ambition. Now they’re more likely to say finishing 4th in the league. Soon to be 5th more often than now.

Fan’s do have the power collectively. And something like a reduction in prices for away tickets was an achievable goal. Full credit to those who organised that campaign. I said somewhere else the other day, that without it I’m sure we’d be paying over £100 for certain London aways by now.

The problem with organising a campaign around a general disconnect about the way the game is going, is you need to have specific aims to have any chance of achieving anything. And it’s difficult to find any consensus on exactly what they are.

As for the FA Cup, that’s been on the decline for decades. People like to point at United withdrawing that year as the turning point. But it goes back way further than that. Players used to come to this league and name winning the Cup as their ultimate ambition. Now they’re more likely to say finishing 4th in the league. Soon to be 5th more often than now.
The rags withdrawing from the FA Cup that year certainly had had an effect. I’m still puzzled to why they just didn’t field a reserve team or such.
It is still magical to the vast majority of football fans.

The rags withdrawing from the FA Cup that year certainly had had an effect. I’m still puzzled to why they just didn’t field a reserve team or such.
It is still magical to the vast majority of football fans.

It was undoubtedly one small nail in the coffin. But no more than that.

The talk at the time was that the eventual winners would forever be known as the asterix winners and that year’s competition would never be mentioned without reference to United’s absence.

Yet who can honestly now say without looking it up, who even won the Cup that year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.