Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

Re: To be fair...

hgblue said:
TFC said:
Agreed. Much as I'd like to say we were robbed, they were quite simply the better team all afternoon.

Very disappointing given the situation we were in at half, there can be no excuses for throwing a 2-0 lead away.

Just once in all my years following City, I'd like to see a City manager get in at half time 2-0 up and say to his players 'carry on playing the same way, go for the jugular, and this lot are there for the taking'. But no, time and time again City managers make the same mistake of trying to sit on a lead against United and it never works.

I think it highlights a few important points... Without Tevez we need a top line striker (Eto'o), a creative midfielder and a right winger.... We wont win the league without these. Dzeko and Ballotelli may come good, but we are going to win the league with them this season for me....

May be a friendly and all, but fuck me that hurt. Only silver lining is that we pick up the (many many) pieces from this match and learn from it. Scum learned from Barca; see their second goal. We need to do the same.

Defense was shaky first half, and atrocious in the second. Midfield switched off, essentially gifting possession to the scum. Fair play to them, they wanted it more in the 2nd half. But man oh man am I getting SICK of losing last minute to those red tossers.

hgblue said:
TFC said:
Agreed. Much as I'd like to say we were robbed, they were quite simply the better team all afternoon.

Very disappointing given the situation we were in at half, there can be no excuses for throwing a 2-0 lead away.

Just once in all my years following City, I'd like to see a City manager get in at half time 2-0 up and say to his players 'carry on playing the same way, go for the jugular, and this lot are there for the taking'. But no, time and time again City managers make the same mistake of trying to sit on a lead against United and it never works.

You thought we bossed the game in the first half? We did go out with 'more of the same' 2nd half, they were better throughout the game.

But like i said, its stupid reading all these people who are pissed off, writing off our players and our season... total fuckwittery.

BLUEMATT23 said:
AWFUL!, We will never win the league with Mancini in charge, no chance in hell

I don't feel harsh in saying that looked like something straight out of Wenger's handbook.

Big game 2 goal lead bottled- check
Set piece goal- check
Massive cock up at the back- check

Arsene Mancini had better pull it together. More of this with all the money we've spent, and he will get sacked.

Didn't take long for the Mancini outers to come out in force.

Awful performance but in all honesty it's still pre-season.

We played just about as poorly as we possibly can whilst United were probably as good as they can be. It's a long old season, hold on to your hats.

hgblue said:
TFC said:

The problem is we did play the same way! We had very little of the ball in the 1st half even though we went two up.Then in the 2nd half we carried on having little of the ball and they came out playing with greater urgency.

We needed to come out with the same greater urgency but we didn't and paid the ultimate penalty with a shocking mistake from Vinnie.

how many times do they win from behind?...you think teams would work it out really....finish above scum you win league....simple. You sit back against scum and they will destroy you. They wanted it more than us, we looked as if it was a training game at times....

calm down....season starts next week and then lets see how we are placed in Jan....sometimes I think we are the makers of our own demise!!

was it not handball by Nani?

anyways, the champion isn't crowned for over another 9 months. Let's not get too worked up.

Pressure is off now!

Seriously, a win in this match would have raised expectations unreasonably high I think, now we've got our first disappointment out of the way and we can approach the season on a level-headed basis. It's not a 'loss is a win' type post because you're always disappointed to lose especially in a derby, but it's really not the end of the world. At the end of the day, including the Charity Shields in your trophy count generally raises a snigger in most football conversations, it's very close to being a pre-season friendly at the end of the day.

We DO however desperately need more creativity in the middle of the park - enter Sneijder and/or Nasri.

I don't think our tactics need major overhaul, keeping the ball and playing at our own tempo works well against most teams including some bloody good teams (Inter) - United are just a hard team to keep the ball off and win the ball back from, they came out renewed and with more bite in the second half and they got the better of us. Notice how they didn't do this in April, it's one game, things clicked for them today and they outclassed us, but on our day we can outclass them, we've done it before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.