Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

Too many treated it like a friendly than a derby match, no bite in the middle,no closing down,poor passing, poor decision making only surprised it was'nt 6. League can't start quickly enough.

We was poor, give the ball away far to much, let the rags play to much.
1 things for sure they'll be ready for Swansea Mancini will make sure of that.

Wasn't his fault today as the whole team were crap, but I'm still to be convinced by Mario. Undoubtedly talented but shows it all to rarely for me.

NeilMcNabsJockstrap said:
think we got a well timed reality check. But we will bounce back! CTID

totally agree with you, in a strange way losing the way we did (sitting back and defending for 50 mins) means we are not as good as we think, especially at defence. I mean at corners not 1 fucker looked at rooney had the whole right hand side to himself.

citymad said:
Baconface has done it again. Another crop of excellent passers who move and support each other so well. If they play with this intensity through the season they will be the front runners for the title. Poor performance and big reality check that we cant live without Silva hence the need for Nasri.

Agreed. This team looks better than last years with the possible exception of De Gea. He didn't look like Van De Sar's replacement today.

Re: To be fair...

hgblue said:
TFC said:
Agreed. Much as I'd like to say we were robbed, they were quite simply the better team all afternoon.

Very disappointing given the situation we were in at half, there can be no excuses for throwing a 2-0 lead away.

Just once in all my years following City, I'd like to see a City manager get in at half time 2-0 up and say to his players 'carry on playing the same way, go for the jugular, and this lot are there for the taking'. But no, time and time again City managers make the same mistake of trying to sit on a lead against United and it never works.

The problem is, we were playing shit in the first half too.

Re: To be fair...

hgblue said:
TFC said:
Agreed. Much as I'd like to say we were robbed, they were quite simply the better team all afternoon.

Very disappointing given the situation we were in at half, there can be no excuses for throwing a 2-0 lead away.

Just once in all my years following City, I'd like to see a City manager get in at half time 2-0 up and say to his players 'carry on playing the same way, go for the jugular, and this lot are there for the taking'. But no, time and time again City managers make the same mistake of trying to sit on a lead against United and it never works.

Yep totally agree. All we did today was give the rags a huge boost for the season. Well done City FFS.

Its just a piss pot friendly, but getting beat of the red scum and having pissed away a 2 goal lead just gets people rattled, I dont think mancini really did anything out of the usual way he does things. If we loose monday nite after a 2 goal lead then yeah get the pitch forks, but today was just a meaningless game, the only good to come out of it is the charity it helps..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.