Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

Easybeatz said:
summary: Clichy looked energetic, Dzeko and Balotelli were awful, couldn't keep the ball, its obvious that a target man doesn't work in our team

Agree here. I am not sure I am confident in either Dzeko or Balo. Not saying either are shite, mind you. Just not sure they fit into our style of play.

And, I know there are a lot of Balotelli lovers on here, but HOW FUCKING LONG are you lot prepared to wait for this lad to sort his fucking head out? He's a professional footballer and needs to act as such. I'd like to see nothing more than this lad to burst into form, but I am afraid his head will continue to get in his way...

birchwoodgingerste said:
lescott is awfull!

Lescott looked the best in a lazy defence.
De jong looked knackered.
Yaya looked sleepy.
Milner in the centre .... feck off back to the wing or the bench.
Barry .... why is he still here??!!
Kompany, worse performance he's given, he gotta learn you cant go steaming in the back of players.
Silva ... ok if he's given the ball.

but we just didnt press, like we were hoping to counter attack, but with Dzeko and Balotelli up there, no speed there.

still think Mancini does have it tactically when it comes to the better teams.

Re: To be fair...

TFC said:
Agreed. Much as I'd like to say we were robbed, they were quite simply the better team all afternoon.

Very disappointing given the situation we were in at half, there can be no excuses for throwing a 2-0 lead away.

Just once in all my years following City, I'd like to see a City manager get in at half time 2-0 up and say to his players 'carry on playing the same way, go for the jugular, and this lot are there for the taking'. But no, time and time again City managers make the same mistake of trying to sit on a lead against United and it never works.

Unknown_Genius said:
I maybe got a little over excited after Inter, that was a real let down for me. It was a reality check.

The difference is in the Inter game we got out best player involved in almost everything. Today Silva was pretty much invisible.

We desperately need a quick winger and SNEIJDER

That last goal was just a culmination Typical City + Typical United = last minuet goal.

We played the game like a pre season game.

They played it like a cup final.

They we're quicker, sharper and moved the ball better... but given the difference in how we each played, that's to be expected.

Anyone who's seriously pissed off, ask yourself how much you'll be thinking about this come Monday night. Have a coke and a smile and get a grip.

Totally outplayed all over the pitch. Only Lescott, Silva and Johnson any good at all.

Balo our worst player. Did nothing but dive.

We've just seen the Champions there today....and it isn't us. I've got to believe that Tevez and Aguero will improve us but not by the amount we are behind the rags.

Re: Why the slagging off of Mancini's tactics?

citymad said:
Wasn't the tactics it was the rags pulling us apart in the midfield and being sharper on the attack. 2-3 flattered us.

Fucking well said mate.
Fuck all wrong with the line up at the start,but seeing the fucking midfield never showed up today,thats where United looked better and fitter for some reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.