Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

Blue Haze said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
AWFUL!, We will never win the league with Mancini in charge, no chance in hell

I don't feel harsh in saying that looked like something straight out of Wenger's handbook.

Big game 2 goal lead bottled- check
Set piece goal- check
Massive cock up at the back- check

Arsene Mancini had better pull it together. More of this with all the money we've spent, and he will get sacked.

Oooouuuuuhhh get you, you tell him fella

Nothing stuck upfront with dzecko,balotelli is rubbish and fast becoming a myth about how much talent he's got.
At the end of the day it was the community shield so no real harm done.
Got to say though that if Bobby keeps persevering with balotelli he could well cost not only a top 4 position but also make us look cunts in the champions league.

Re: To be fair...

GStar said:
hgblue said:
TFC said:
Agreed. Much as I'd like to say we were robbed, they were quite simply the better team all afternoon.

Very disappointing given the situation we were in at half, there can be no excuses for throwing a 2-0 lead away.

Just once in all my years following City, I'd like to see a City manager get in at half time 2-0 up and say to his players 'carry on playing the same way, go for the jugular, and this lot are there for the taking'. But no, time and time again City managers make the same mistake of trying to sit on a lead against United and it never works.

You thought we bossed the game in the first half? We did go out with 'more of the same' 2nd half, they were better throughout the game.

But like i said, its stupid reading all these people who are pissed off, writing off our players and our season... total fuckwittery.

Disagree, the decision to move Milner to a glorified wing back because we were worried about Evra, made the lad totally ineffective and handed the initiative to United. Very professional, very predictable and very wrong imho.

I am sick of disappointments, had 30 odd years of them, yes it was pre season, yes players not fit but if you were WBA or Swansea watching that who would you rather play us or the scum? No doubt we will have a rag wankfest for the rest of the week. Verdict still out on Mancini.

The nightmare here is Mancini will look at us being 2-0 up at half time and think that we were doing well first half when the reality is far from it. We were poor especially in midfield and attack. If ever proof was needed that Tevez must stay then this is it. Dzeko,not withstanding his goal just slows us down all the time and Balotelli is a fucking disgrace of a footballer. Barry and milner aren't good enough either. Pace is whats needed at the very top and until we start to show some then we won't take it to the next level. We gave the ball away so often it was criminal. Epic fail by Mancini today. Let's hope he learns from it.

we have loads of attacking talent but our manager still plays really negative football. Why when we are 2-1 up did we bring Barry on. its the same all the time, we go 1-0 up and put 10 men behind the fucking ball

Anyone else going back to hide in the joyful land of Transfer Forum and forget about the actual football side of things for a few days? :)

Means nothing but we were very poor overall today. Didn't offer much going forward and spent alot of the game on the back foot or chasing shadows.

In a way I think the result will do us good as it hopefully will knock any complacency out of us for when it really matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.