Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

I love that everyone's moankjng about Balotelli. I was under the impression there were 11 players in City shirts out there today and all where shocking. Was De Jong playing? Yaya was useless. I could go on but it's pointless.

They were better than us. They ripped us a new one in fact and if they don't win the league I'll be shocked. Nani's first goal was incredible.

I'm suprised but I honestly don't give a shit about this result. Yes we played shite and United played well has to be said. But all I'm thinking of is the start of the season.

Yes it would have been nice to beat them and get another trophy but it's not a trophy I care about.

One point I will make is one I've made before is how City needed to buy some players with pace because as United showed today in Evra, Nani, Rooney, Welbeck and Young pace gives the other team no end of trouble and means you win more freekicks as the other team will just hack you down.

codespyder said:
May be a friendly and all, but fuck me that hurt. Only silver lining is that we pick up the (many many) pieces from this match and learn from it. Scum learned from Barca; see their second goal. We need to do the same.

Defense was shaky first half, and atrocious in the second. Midfield switched off, essentially gifting possession to the scum. Fair play to them, they wanted it more in the 2nd half. But man oh man am I getting SICK of losing last minute to those red tossers.

good point. they've played against them too often not to learn. Today they played the little triangles in midfield similar to xavi, messi and iniesta (only not as good) and it worked,they ripped Nige, Yaya and Milner to shreds causing us to give stupid fouls away. Can see the rags being really strong this year. (spit)

Balotelli is an absolute disgrace.
Zero effort,zero passion,zero committment. He is an overpaid lazy get who is not fit to be on the same pitch as some of our and most of their players.
I cannot stand this poseur. Get rid now or he will screw up our season.

On one hand it was a friendly and counts for nothing in terms of the major trophies. But Swansea and others will be watching that and thinking that if they put the effort in they can get the points. We could have made a statement today and put some doubt or nervousness in opponents' heads.

dazz46 said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
AWFUL!, We will never win the league with Mancini in charge, no chance in hell

Remind me where Mancini was playing on the pitch?

Mancini is the one telling the players what to do,You Mancini lovers really need a reality check he has not got a clue tactically today just proved it he was saved from the sack by winning the FA Cup i for one hope he goes before it's to late the football we play is shit negative italian football,which as i have said since he was put in charge will never work in the premier league.

But it did work, last season. The table does not lie. Unless you really expected us to win it last season

ICT-Tam said:
Silva is the new gold said:
I hate the scum and I feel like commiting suicide after that shambles. I'm tempted to buy a ticket to a United match and bomb the fucking lot of them. Fucking disgraceful. What the fuck was Mancini doing. He did absolutely fuck all to change the game when everyone could see we were getting completely fucked over. Fucking idiot. Ut is going to be disgusting to watch us against Madrid or Barca. We just can't compete. Why the fuck wasn't Aguero brought on. Mancini is a fucking bell end. I want Mourinho as manager. Mancini has not got a fucking clue.

Embarrassing post. Surely a rag.

Was thinking the same thing....

Great game of football to watch for the neutrals.

It's a shame City faded away so badly in the second half.

But I'm sure they will be a force to reckon with in the new season.

Does anyone seriously think Mancini can win us the league?

We've lost & the Mancini outers are out I hear you say.
I'm not an outer but I cannot for the life of me see him winning the league for us.

Yes it was just a friendly but the same problems of last season re occured in the games last week and today, they are:

1/ Pedestrian, lazy pace of play
2/ Needless giving away of possession
3/ Midfield area far far to slow
4/ Corner kicks rarely getting past the first post
5/ First touches of Dzeko & Mario appalling and Mario completely disinterested
6/ Mancini leaves it too late to change things

6 correct and accurate points that for me won't change and for me we won't win the league and we will be scrapping for 4th again. Not good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.