Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

Bulldoglikeapproach said:
I think Phil McNulty (a man i really respect btw) said it best just now on twitter:

"Mancini is hopeless. De Gea useless. Man City should be panicking. And serious stuff doesn't even start until next Saturday. Hilarious "

Lol

A nice workout. The result means nothing its all about getting the fitness levels right for next weekend. People can read what they like into it but I dont think the players or Mancini will be too bothered about the game. The season starts on Monday week for us.

The only negative from the game was not giving Aguero a run out in the game. Some players were blowing out of there arses come the last 20 odd minutes but Mancini didnt bother changing it for some reason.

Re: some odd Decisions today

I don't think Mancini is fully to blame, but yeah he made some bad decisions today. Still has my backing as manager though (I know, what a crazy thing to say!......)

Silva is the new gold said:
Barcon said:
Silva is the new gold said:
Tell me what you disagree with. Two goals against the run of play and other than that it was fucking disgusting. We were bossed by a mdifield that contained Cleverly and fucking Carrick. I Posted earlier on a thread saying I thoguht we were well equipped to play Barca but wouldn't stand a chance against Real. Well I've changed my mind, Barca would kill us. The rags got bossed by Barca, a weaker rag team just completely fucked us over. If we don't give the ball to Silva we can't play, it's as simple as that. They were quicker to every loose ball, they wouldn't let us play a possesion game. Mancini did nothing to fix the onslaught. We need fresh players, it was screaming out to everyone. Mancini decided to keep a player that could have caused real problems on the bench. I've said it before and i'll say it again, Mancini is not good enough.

It's people like you that make me want to kick my fucking laptop across the room. Why don't you do the world a favour and fuck off until the end of the season? A fucking burger flipper stating that Mancini isn't good enough.

You can't disagree with anything inpaticular about the team though. Mancini fails to inspire faith in me, I don't have a clue what he said to the dressing room to make them serve up that shit. I still believe we beat United player for player. However, when you get the team performing like that we'll struggle against a determined Swansea side, let alone some of the european heavyweights. The buck stops with the manager when you have such a talented squad playing like that.

Jesus fucking wept...we just came off the back of the best season we've had in a generation and arguably the best build up to a season ever and we lose to a side who seemed intent on making a statement in a friendly where we didnt. Whats your reaction? He fails to inspire what??....the best part of your post has been highlighted.

tommyhair said:
Rubbish city, joke, too slow. United too good, too fast, season over. Why is Mancini laughing at the end, not funny

In fairness not as funny as your comment, season over. You gotta laugh

Damocles said:
blueinsa said:
Damocles said:
I will say this now:

WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE

I'm not kidding.

On our worst day since Liverpool, we were 2-0 up with moments to go. United had a fantastic day (and I say this as someone who has watched them pre-season) and beat us at the death.

We're winning the league, and we'll twat them next time, no problem.

Im with you mate.

Our attitude cost us today and i even said that at 2-0 up. We showed no desire at all but when it matters, we will do the business.

Agreed mate, our player thought this was still a pre-season friendly. On the day, I have no fear, in fact, I've grown in confidence about when we next play them.

We smashed 2 goals past them without even bloody trying.

I will never be confident against the rags as long as bacon face is there. Pains me to say it but their coaching system is one of the best in the world. Whatever team he puts out they play with a sharpness and a belief in winning. You only have to look at the new boys Jones, Young and Cleverley they played like they've been there ages. Anderson was excellent in the middle and Smalling was impressive out wide even though he's a central defender. He even had the balls to take off the best central defensive paring in the league off and put Evans and Jones in. They are without doubt the team to beat this year and my biggest fear right now is that they buy Wesley Sneidjar (sp) because with him and the new crop of youngsters they will walk the premier league..with us, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea scrapping it for the auto champs positions.

*goes off and wimpers in the corner

Were people shouting "MANCINI OUT" when we were "too slow" in the semi? Genuine question.

Today's performance is down to two things:
Pre-season
Brilliant Man U performance

Re: Fitness

jjeangi said:
Rags also had a much longer preseason, with plenty more matches. They were fitter.

People are saying Mancini is bad tactically! FFS that's one of the things he's known for being good at. Tactics that are supposed to work on paper don't always come off you know, especially when the opposing team looked as hungry Untied did today.

The Barry change to me made sense. They were passing all over us and Barry (on paper) was supposed to help cut up their play. It made sense, but it didn't work.

Get rid of that mentality that defense doesn't win games, because had we defended well today and looked composed on the ball, it would have been our game.

Silva today, my favorite player, I wasn't impressed with. He wasn't looking for the ball as he always does. Well I might add in the first place, we couldn't hold the ball long enough for him to.

Yes, Mancini might deserve some stick but not /nearly/ as much as he's getting. He's the one that talks to the players but he did! It's the players heads' that needed sorting.

United came in very strong, blasting at us in the beginning and I think that really messed with our players' heads.

You could clearly see our players didn't look match fit today. Well actually, let me reiterate that, the rags were MUCH fitter than us today and it showed. De Jong although decent though, like bite and tenacity. Lescott although not a world beater with pace, often really looked sluggish. Yaya didn't look half as fit as near the end of last season, just to name a few.

All in all it was nervousness, lack of tenacity, fitness, composure, and bite that did us in. We can go on and on about tactics, but the changes made SENSE. It's our players today that bottled it. Almost as if they fear the 'other' team. You could almost sense from the players that they felt a lot of pressure to produce after beating United in the Semis.

What we lack is a winning mentality that the rags have. How do we get this mentality? KEEP winning and playing together.

This loss is a positive one for City and Untied.
For City: It shows us to not be complacent. Every match needs to be won. It shows us not to get our heads too big and fight like we did in the Semis and the streak of form towards the end of last season. This loss will drive us to produce together as a team and I fully expect a battering of Swansea which will give us an exciting kick start towards the next season. Wins and losses are part of life, and part of supporting and football team. The better team doesn't win every game, as much as we want to believe. Yes, its our rivals, but at the end of the day. The rags will sit on their high horse and next time we face them, we will be out not to be embarrassed again. Embarrassment eh? Yup that's the look you can tell from our players faces at the end added with disappointment. Only good things can come from this loss because our players are going to realize that they did not play like themselves and when this happens, they lose.

For Rags: Probably it will give them a kick start as well for the new season. Their young players will feel confident and their whole team as a whole will benefit from thinking they're world beaters.

Sorry for my long winded post with scattered thoughts. But yessir, that's my opinion.

P.S. If you don't want to read this shite, that's cool. To sum it up, it really wasn't Bobby's fault. Nor was it our individual players. It was a bad performance from our team, like all teams have. Just a shame it was against the rags.

Edit #2: Forgot to mention, if you've ever played football at any level, you KNOW that all those yellows further sunk our mentality. Whether its those looming thoughts that you need fouls to stop United to being complacent so as to not getting sent off.

Great post amongst a sea of rubbish!

We will win the league. Just a repost to hope that you remember that me, Damocles, said it.

leighton said:
The only negative from the game was not giving Aguero a run out in the game. Some players were blowing out of there arses come the last 20 odd minutes but Mancini didnt bother changing it for some reason.

Probably didn't want to risk Aguero picking up a knock. Whatever. If we play Kun on Monday, I'll forgive his decision not to play him today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.