Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

Blue Haze said:
zangatangring said:
"Yaya needs to be replaced"

"Mancini Out"

"Balo should leave"

Is everyone forgetting the scintillating performances we've had with Balo and Yaya at the Helm? With regards to Mancini, I've always had my doubts. However, this was a performance issue, not a tactical issue.

I have never seen a scintillating performance for 90 minutes from Balotelli. His best performances don't even compare to what Tevez does for us every week.

Totally anonymous today and if I'm honest, I'm glad we haven't sold Tevez.

Balo give a great performance for 90 minutes what games you been watchin ???????? in MY OPINION which is neither right or wrong just my opinion before i get slated not 1 person can come on here and tell me balo gives as good as de jong kompany (ok mistake today forgiven) zabaleta tevez silva hart. Has balo played anywhere near there level taking out all the trouble, has he hell not even close nothing

GStar said:
We played the game like a pre season game.

They played it like a cup final.

They we're quicker, sharper and moved the ball better... but given the difference in how we each played, that's to be expected.

Anyone who's seriously pissed off, ask yourself how much you'll be thinking about this come Monday night. Have a coke and a smile and get a grip.
given the fact that all our players looked incredibly fit and in the best shape possible during the preseason,this game showed we r fuck all in playing an aggressive attack minded football.They looked like on drums of gatorade ,tearing us apart.No need to get a grip here because they can play tomorrow and beat us by a handful of goals.Mancini should have played with one striker upfront.Balo n dzeko do not cut the PL top team stuff and same goes for barry,kolarov and lescott

WJP said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
United absolutely bust a gut trying to beat us today. Our players looked disinterested.

Would have been nice for them to win this one for the fans but obviously they have bigger fish to fry.

Mancini played his strongest team, bar Aguero.

SAF played Jones, Smalling, Wellbeck, Cleverley and Evans.

Really bust a gut there?

Bust a gut just means they wanted it more. Which they did, idiot.

FantasyIreland said:
quinny's disco pants said:
got taught a football lesson 2day.

I'd say more an attitude one.

Spot on.

Fuck all wrong with us football wise when fit and fully focused and today we were neither.

They were more up for it and wanted it more. Attack vs Defence all game really. Yaya & De Jong's worst game but other than that fair play to the scum.
The ref had an ok game but the fact that all our players kept lunging in didn't do us any favours atall
Dzeko goal was excellent

I hope we get Nasri

First of all I was gutted not to be there today after my misses gave birth to our first baby. Which has certainly put things into perpective for me in keeping calm(ish) when we lost

It should serve to a poignant reminder how cruel this game can be. I may be being biased in saying this but I think it will stand us in good stead and teach us a harsh lesson early doors. I just hope it knocks us into shape and get us focused straight away. We were lacking in every department against them. You have to say they looked sharp, they had options through the middle and either flank with constant movement. When we eventually had possesion we just looked laboured in the last 3rd and lost for outlets. We still looked solid today but as regards for attacking prowess, it was non existent and we were fortunate be 2 goals in front.

Let them have there day. It obviously feels like a nothing game for them judging by there reactions. Hypocrites.

Anyway its wetted my appetite for the forthcoming season. Onwards and upwards.

Re: Fitness

jay_mcfc said:
jjeangi said:
Rags also had a much longer preseason, with plenty more matches. They were fitter.

People are saying Mancini is bad tactically! FFS that's one of the things he's known for being good at. Tactics that are supposed to work on paper don't always come off you know, especially when the opposing team looked as hungry Untied did today.

The Barry change to me made sense. They were passing all over us and Barry (on paper) was supposed to help cut up their play. It made sense, but it didn't work.

Get rid of that mentality that defense doesn't win games, because had we defended well today and looked composed on the ball, it would have been our game.

Silva today, my favorite player, I wasn't impressed with. He wasn't looking for the ball as he always does. Well I might add in the first place, we couldn't hold the ball long enough for him to.

Yes, Mancini might deserve some stick but not /nearly/ as much as he's getting. He's the one that talks to the players but he did! It's the players heads' that needed sorting.

United came in very strong, blasting at us in the beginning and I think that really messed with our players' heads.

You could clearly see our players didn't look match fit today. Well actually, let me reiterate that, the rags were MUCH fitter than us today and it showed. De Jong although decent though, like bite and tenacity. Lescott although not a world beater with pace, often really looked sluggish. Yaya didn't look half as fit as near the end of last season, just to name a few.

All in all it was nervousness, lack of tenacity, fitness, composure, and bite that did us in. We can go on and on about tactics, but the changes made SENSE. It's our players today that bottled it. Almost as if they fear the 'other' team. You could almost sense from the players that they felt a lot of pressure to produce after beating United in the Semis.

What we lack is a winning mentality that the rags have. How do we get this mentality? KEEP winning and playing together.

This loss is a positive one for City and Untied.
For City: It shows us to not be complacent. Every match needs to be won. It shows us not to get our heads too big and fight like we did in the Semis and the streak of form towards the end of last season. This loss will drive us to produce together as a team and I fully expect a battering of Swansea which will give us an exciting kick start towards the next season. Wins and losses are part of life, and part of supporting and football team. The better team doesn't win every game, as much as we want to believe. Yes, its our rivals, but at the end of the day. The rags will sit on their high horse and next time we face them, we will be out not to be embarrassed again. Embarrassment eh? Yup that's the look you can tell from our players faces at the end added with disappointment. Only good things can come from this loss because our players are going to realize that they did not play like themselves and when this happens, they lose.

For Rags: Probably it will give them a kick start as well for the new season. Their young players will feel confident and their whole team as a whole will benefit from thinking they're world beaters.

Sorry for my long winded post with scattered thoughts. But yessir, that's my opinion.

P.S. If you don't want to read this shite, that's cool. To sum it up, it really wasn't Bobby's fault. Nor was it our individual players. It was a bad performance from our team, like all teams have. Just a shame it was against the rags.

Edit #2: Forgot to mention, if you've ever played football at any level, you KNOW that all those yellows further sunk our mentality. Whether its those looming thoughts that you need fouls to stop United to being complacent so as to not getting sent off.

Great post amongst a sea of rubbish!

Great post!!

glad we did not show our hand

thats the best utd can play mark my words they put everything into the CS
we just did not turn up and still scored 2 goals we just let them play in the 2nd half and anybody would have score 3 goals when let them pass and move in and around the box and vinny was still on a beach

we are defo not match fit yet maybe 2 weeks off and we need to sort out tevez i hope he goes then bring in 2 more new faces

i hate losing full stop but to them scum at wembley in a warm up game
but its never a win win game for us and yes utd did have to show their hands
to beat us

bring on the new season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.