Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

Played off the park by them today. Couldn't have argued if we'd lost by 4 or 5.

I suppose the only positive is that it gives the players a kick up the arse before the Swansea game.

yawn.....how long will this bullshit debate linger on?

put it to fuckin bed will you,it`s gone,end of......

can`t believe people,posters,fans are getting their knickers in a twist....

god forbid if we only beat swansea by the odd goal,we`ll be getting relegated for fuck sake...

Odd event for me today. They seemed much more up for it than us, personally I reckon the game meant much more to them (especially after the Semi) and their season preparations than it did to ours. This extra motivation/desire meant they were often sharper around the field than we were. As one or two have pointed out, I would worry that most of our key players haven't played enough football in pre-season. It doesn't fill me with confidence when Mancini shrugs his shoulders when asked if we will be ready for the season to start come next Monday. No excuses if we are not.

Mancini wanted to win it bad, the players let him down and he shouldn't be blamed too much. The tactics weren't that negative, he had Milner instead of Barry. One thing we can blame Mancini for though is in about 3-4 transfer windows now, he has managed to not buy one creative midfielder to compliment or rotate with Silva, unless he planned to have Assulin in the first team fold before he got injured. I'm sure that will change very very soon but we should have had more by now.

If Mancini really treated it as a friendly he would have mirrored the rags and had Guidetti and Suarez on the bench, using them in the second half for the experience.

LoveCity said:
Mancini wanted to win it bad, the players let him down and he shouldn't be blamed too much. The tactics weren't that negative, he had Milner instead of Barry. One thing we can blame Mancini for though is in about 3-4 transfer windows now, he has managed to not buy one creative midfielder to compliment or rotate with Silva, unless he planned to have Assulin in the first team fold before he got injured.

If Mancini really treated it as a friendly he would have mirrored the rags and had Guidetti and Suarez on the bench, using them in the second half for the experience.

I can't believe I find myself agreeing with you.

I doubt we'll defend as badly again as we did in the 2nd half all season, some schoolboy error's today. The rags out worked us, and pressed the game far better than we did and deserved to win. They had pace and movement up front while we didn't, we were very predictable and looked short of idea's.

Saying that I'm not too despondent. We've got Aguero to come into the team and maybe that nightmare 45 mins will concentrate some minds, and by the time the window closes we will have added the pace, vision and all round attacking quality that's so evidently needed if we are to challenge for the title, and have a good go at the CL. I don't think we need many in, just a couple more of the right quality, Nasri being one.

GaudBlessYa said:
Odd event for me today. They seemed much more up for it than us, personally I reckon the game meant much more to them (especially after the Semi) and their season preparations than it did to ours. This extra motivation/desire meant they were often sharper around the field than we were. As one or two have pointed out, I would worry that most of our key players haven't played enough football in pre-season. It doesn't fill me with confidence when Mancini shrugs his shoulders when asked if we will be ready for the season to start come next Monday. No excuses if we are not.

i reckon Bobby is bottling it - he gets all shitty when Mario does a back heel in a friendly yet dont seem to gove a shit wen we lose to the rags once again

me thinks he cant handle the pressure

the chap having a kick in for mouthing off to the 4 city coaches was more intersting.

on the corner of asda? anyone see it? was quality!!! deserved it! mouthy red fooka!

Here are my thoughts on today (I've just got back):

The club Wembley seats were crawling with the tossers, about 95% of those seats were rags.

Some very bad racist and Munich chanting outside the greyhound

Going to Wembley is SHITE when we lose, especially to them

City fans didn't seem too gutted in the main

Ashley Young looked very very good

At least Kompany left the mistake to this game and didn't do a 'Carrick' in the cup

Yaya Toure looked absolute dogshit

Aguero looked shit hot in the possession game in the warmup

I hate United and their fans more than I have ever hated anyone or anything in my life

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU GIVE AGUERO 20 MINUTES MANCINI???????

That is all, I'm going to bed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.