Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

mike channon´s windmill said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
PSmyth07 said:
Milner did ok today, had a better game than Toure and De Jong anyway.

What does SWP have to do to get a game though? He'd have done well today too and it would have give Micah more support against Young and Evra.

This. The message Mancini has sent out to swp is just poor management. All a player can do when out of the team is knuckle down and work his socks off to get back in it. No one has done this more than swp this pre season. Clearly this isnt enough for Mancini. And before we get the he isnt good enough etc...He is on form and before Mancini decided in 2010 that he wasnt good enough, he was a regular and playing very well. Goal V Arsenal in cup anyone?

He hasnt always looked great underr Mancini because of this fcking obsession with playing wide men out of position. SWP is a right winger. He and Richards would do well together. Johnson would do well on the left and help create for Dzeko.

Why do that though when you can play this slow tempo midfield stuff that Mancini likes.

Instead of this Mancini sends out a message to the rest of the side by continually picking Balotelli that he doesnt give a shit how hard you work.
I have to say it is quite baffling. Shauny would have loved a chance today against them

I don't understand this favouritism.

TFC said:
The more I keep telling myself I'm not bothered, the more bothered I get. That game was lost in the first 20 minutes of the second half for me, in fact it was 67 minutes before I remember us getting a foot on the ball and actually stringing 2 passes together.

Why is that? The rags are undoubtedly a good side, but to let them dictate like we did, that is what has really pissed me off I think. This City squad shouldnt be letting any fucker take the piss, friendly or not.

Yes, I know its a friendly blah de fucking blah, but when you see fat wankstain talking about giving us a 'footballing lesson'...knowing how good we can be, its not on. We'll be expecting so much more next derby blues.
Utd gambled by throwing defenders into midfield. We should have been good enough to pick them off on the break because they were wide open at the back for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half.

When they equalised they went back to 442

just got back, and i think ive witnessed a good reason for a full refund. i know its only a friendly but struggling to find the positives. flintoffs pen was ok though.

Re: F*****g shrek!!

deano ou812 said:
K49112008 said:
This prick thinks they taught us a lesson today?? This is really what fucks me off the pure arrogance of these rags. And they wounder why everyone hates them.
was mentioned on talksport rooney and twitter as you said taught us a football lesson today was what he tweeted or something similar,well what a fcuking clueless ugly cnut he is, maybe if it had been 4 or 5 nil but 3.2 with us not firing on all cylinders, imo come end of season he wont be as quick to mouth off....

sad fact is we was outplayed and made too look feckin clueless - the ecore flatter us because Rags were far far superior in every single department

Gutted we threw a 2 goal lead away & they got the rub of the green again at the end. Have to give credit where it's due though, pains me to say but they wanted it more second half & their second goal was a great bit of football.

The difference between us & them was Baconface went for it & Bobby didn't.

A positives from the game, I'm made up Dzeko scored & hope it leads to him hitting some form.

LoveCity said:
Independent back page: "Not so noisy now". Got to love how a nickname we don't even use for ourselves is used against us.

Ian Herbert has really exposed himself as a rag in recent days on Twitter, and here was I naive enough to believe that paper was the last bastion of objectivity.

Speaking of the rag media.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2023449/Manchester-City-website-claims-won-Community-Shield.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... hield.html</a>

Agreed fella. We've gone from being everyone's favourite (joke) team to being (predictably) a team most people want to fail. Your point on the "nosiy neighbour" moniker is absolutetly right. But we're made of stern stuff and aren't going anywhere
;-)<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:41 pm --<br /><br />
Juan King said:
Gutted we threw a 2 goal lead away & they got the rub of the green again at the end. Have to give credit where it's due though, pains me to say but they wanted it more second half & their second goal was a great bit of football.

The difference between us & them was Baconface went for it & Bobby didn't.

A positives from the game, I'm made up Dzeko scored & hope it leads to him hitting some form.

Another sensible post. United are the benchmark as champions (whether we like it or not); if we learn from today - and I believe we will - then we shall look at this defeat (if indeed we consider it again at all) as part of the inevitable learning curve to more success.

I have to say that they completely outplayed us, we looked generally slow and lethargic, and our defence couldn't keep up with the way that they moved the ball so quickly.

However, as usual, the crowd and the atmsophere was fantastic. Phil Dowd made a lot of bad decisions today, mainly against us but there were a couple against United.

Don't know what Mancini was thinking bringing on Barry for Mario though. I know Balotelli didn't have his best game today and maybe it was fair enough to take him off, but Barry?! Surely he should have brought Wright Phillips or Aguero on- someone with an attacking presence who might have nicked a goal.

Kompany probably had his worst game for us today. It was caused by a lack of communication between him and Clichy, who didn't look too sharp himself. I honestly don't think that we need him, since we already have the fantastic Zabaleta and the improving Kolarov.

I know only a few people saw, but I was sat in block 126 (in line with the goal, the side away from the dugout), and Shrek waved at our fans. This really, really pissed me off. I don't mind a lot of United's players and particularly admired Nani's skill today, but I really cannot stand that bitter scouse tw*t.

One thing today has made me realise is that: WE NEED TEVEZ. No matter what he has said and done off the pitch, he is a phenomenal player and the main reason for our success last season. If he goes, then we could be in trouble.

Need to be sharper, press more, want the ball more, and when we have got the ball, be direct, concise and QUICK.

Man, this game has really stirred up a hornets nest hasn't it ? Thing was everyone was so confident going into this game thinking we would brush them aside when the truth is they have had an excellent pre season often cruising to victories. inter Milan was our first proper pre season game for the first team. Before that it was half a game here half a game there. Its no surprise that they looked sharper and moved the ball so well. They will start the season off to a flyer and I pity the team they have to play first. As for us hopefully this will have hurt the players and they'll want to come out fighting and their brains switched on. Next week Im sure Bobby Manc will have the defenders working on some things to get their solid look again.

paul.manc said:
I have to say that they completely outplayed us, we looked generally slow and lethargic, and our defence couldn't keep up with the way that they moved the ball so quickly.

However, as usual, the crowd and the atmsophere was fantastic. Phil Dowd made a lot of bad decisions today, mainly against us but there were a couple against United.

Don't know what Mancini was thinking bringing on Barry for Mario though. I know Balotelli didn't have his best game today and maybe it was fair enough to take him off, but Barry?! Surely he should have brought Wright Phillips or Aguero on- someone with an attacking presence who might have nicked a goal.

Kompany probably had his worst game for us today. It was caused by a lack of communication between him and Clichy, who didn't look too sharp himself. I honestly don't think that we need him, since we already have the fantastic Zabaleta and the improving Kolarov.

I know only a few people saw, but I was sat in block 126 (in line with the goal, the side away from the dugout), and Shrek waved at our fans. This really, really pissed me off. I don't mind a lot of United's players and particularly admired Nani's skill today, but I really cannot stand that bitter scouse tw*t.

One thing today has made me realise is that: WE NEED TEVEZ. No matter what he has said and done off the pitch, he is a phenomenal player and the main reason for our success last season. If he goes, then we could be in trouble.

Stop all these sensible posts!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.