Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

Just a short observation:

We had 2 up and blow it up in injury time. Was that something new considering our club? NO! So, why all the fuss?

Put it to bed and let's try our best at the next game.

I'm glad Aguero didn't play today. Why risk him being butchered by some rag on the field and ruining his whole season. Can't wait to see him vs Swansea.

CTID

According to tomorrow's Daily Mail back page we took a beating "on and off the pitch". Was there a fight or something, how did we take a beating off the pitch? Unless they mean classless Shrek running his mouth at us. BTW they said Balotelli was involved in "another touchline incident" (yet he wasn't, he went to the back then came back) yet no mention of Evra having a tantrum when he got subbed.

Reason said:
LoveCity said:
Mancini wanted to win it bad, the players let him down and he shouldn't be blamed too much. The tactics weren't that negative, he had Milner instead of Barry. One thing we can blame Mancini for though is in about 3-4 transfer windows now, he has managed to not buy one creative midfielder to compliment or rotate with Silva, unless he planned to have Assulin in the first team fold before he got injured.

If Mancini really treated it as a friendly he would have mirrored the rags and had Guidetti and Suarez on the bench, using them in the second half for the experience.

I can't believe I find myself agreeing with you.

Sorry "not negative and Mancini" can never be put in the same sentence.

Zmajuga said:
So, why all the fuss?

Comments like that get on my tits. You obviously didn't spend a penny to follow City to Wembley today. If you had you would know.

We played with the wrong formation, it should have been 4 5 1 with de jong, barry and toure in the middle with johnson and silva out wide, instead of silva playing behind dzeko and balotelli.

bunch of whining kids on this board. It will get better, team is not even in top form yet. If we can get Snejider our middfield will be much better which will create more chances. Dzeko plays back to the goal and always draws two defenders, this is where Kun will benefit the most, making those runs behind defence. Btw third goal was lack of communication.....little amateurish, but Komp has been best defender in a team and i cannot beleive some people on here are talking shit on him.

We tried to defend a 2-0 lead. Some players didn't have their best games. I don't think Dzeko is good enough to lead the line on his own. Kompany made a mistake. We lack flair and creativity in the midfield when we should have it in abundance. Kolarov looks better. Dzeko looks a bit better. We've had a good pre-season. I'm not annoyed. Maybe Aguero should have played.

Game Monday, lads. Let's just draw a line under this and move on to Swansea. Community Shields are always the games people forget anyway.

Very disappointing after going 2-0 up and thinking 'we've got this'. Overall United were the better side on the day but typical of them to score in the last minute. It was only a friendly, we will bounce back and roll on Swansea when it really matters.

MCFC BOB said:
We tried to defend a 2-0 lead. Some players didn't have their best games. I don't think Dzeko is good enough to lead the line on his own. Kompany made a mistake. We lack flair and creativity in the midfield when we should have it in abundance. Kolarov looks better. Dzeko looks a bit better. We've had a good pre-season. I'm not annoyed. Maybe Aguero should have played.

Game Monday, lads. Let's just draw a line under this and move on to Swansea. Community Shields are always the games people forget anyway.

Really ? from my seat we where played off the park for almost all of the game. United had so much more movement and pace that we couldnt cope with them.

It was the most one sided 3-2 ive ever seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.