Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

sniff said:
MCFC BOB said:
We tried to defend a 2-0 lead. Some players didn't have their best games. I don't think Dzeko is good enough to lead the line on his own. Kompany made a mistake. We lack flair and creativity in the midfield when we should have it in abundance. Kolarov looks better. Dzeko looks a bit better. We've had a good pre-season. I'm not annoyed. Maybe Aguero should have played.

Game Monday, lads. Let's just draw a line under this and move on to Swansea. Community Shields are always the games people forget anyway.

Really ? from my seat we where played off the park for almost all of the game. United had so much more movement and pace that we couldnt cope with them.

It was the most one sided 3-2 ive ever seen.

If players don't perform you'll NEVER cope with the movement of the opposition ........ players DID perform in the semi-final , against a United side that didn't play badly , and we saw the difference !

But aside from the three United goals , in which i reckon two were City errors ..... did United ever really trouble Joe Hart ?????

Disappointing to concede to 2 goal lead. Haven't done that since 2008 I think with Fulham.

It was obvious that when it was 2-1 the dynamic of the game changed. We're definitely a couple of weeks behind when it comes to match fitness.

Nevertheless, despite them being sharper and a good 2nd goal, the 1st and 3rd goals were disappointing. Anyhow, had we won I can guarantee the rags would be saying its "just a friendley" or its a "mickey mouse cup" - so I'm not really arsed.

We won the big one at Wembley with them in April anyway. The way they celebrated that 50p piece was amusing though, even some journos picked up on it. Never seen the rags so happy to win what they called the "mickey mouse cup" whenever another team wins it.

black mamba said:
sniff said:
MCFC BOB said:
We tried to defend a 2-0 lead. Some players didn't have their best games. I don't think Dzeko is good enough to lead the line on his own. Kompany made a mistake. We lack flair and creativity in the midfield when we should have it in abundance. Kolarov looks better. Dzeko looks a bit better. We've had a good pre-season. I'm not annoyed. Maybe Aguero should have played.

Game Monday, lads. Let's just draw a line under this and move on to Swansea. Community Shields are always the games people forget anyway.

Really ? from my seat we where played off the park for almost all of the game. United had so much more movement and pace that we couldnt cope with them.

If players don't perform you'll NEVER cope with the movement of the opposition ........ players DID perform in the semi-final , and we saw the difference !

But aside from the three United goals , in which i reckon two were City errors ..... did United ever really trouble Joe Hart ?????

Apart from the ten goals did city trouble the Huddersfield keeper?

3 goals wins most matches, it isn't a positive.

I found myself replying it was 'just a friendly' on the train. The fact my voice had gone was a bit of a give away.

Oddest day I have had for years. On the train in with a Suffolk born and bread mate, two other Suffolk locals and talking to two gel haired rags from Colchester....

I only talk to rag mates when I really have too, rag strangers was a bit hard...

Bit of a reality check of a game. United are good and we would be daft to deny that, the season will be long and we will do OK.

Corky said:
black mamba said:
sniff said:

If players don't perform you'll NEVER cope with the movement of the opposition ........ players DID perform in the semi-final , and we saw the difference !

Apart from the ten goals did city trouble the Huddersfield keeper?

3 goals wins most matches, it isn't a positive.

agree with that man right their.

united's second was fantastic football, sitting in the stand today their passing was so quick and to feet, our's all seemed a little hoof it and hope on the whole.

We where very lucky to be two up at half time, even without the aid of a tv replay you could see Dzeko's goal was poor on the keepers part.

Im not really that concerned with the result, the result is irrelevant to our season. The manner of the defeat and the clear lack of effort form some was the sickner.

We looked sluggish and very out-of-sorts. Lescott, especially during the first half hour, looked as if he hasnt even seen a football since last May. Yaya was awful. Milner couldnt get into the game at all. NDJ struggled throghout.

But what was genuinely a concern was that the basic principles of last season was completely missing. There was no solidity in midfield. We were unable to string more than two passes together all game. And there was absolutely no movement whatsoever when in possession.

United zipped it about from the off and looked lively but boy did we make them look good.

Christ,what will happen on here if we lose to swansea next monday!?!

People will be killing each other,

No doubt swansea will be up for it!

Im not saying i think we will lose im just asking before i start getting shit lol

A lot of things stood out for me today.

First off, it looked like they didn't stop playing while ours looked like they've been sitting on a beach somewhere enjoying the holidays.

They were fresher, sharper, gave more, we looked sluggish, lethargic, not bothered.

Some players looked like they've gotten a bit too big for the boots. They earn it at the Rags, they're given it here. You're not going to paid that much, or spent that much on to sit on the bench.

They pulled together as a team, we played as individuals. And that's something that money can't buy. We've a group of individuals.

They never really worry, 2-0 down, that's no bother, we'll fix it. We'll sort it. They don't panic.
They know if they keep pressing they'll get a goal, and 90% of the time, they do, and they wont stop, not until the final whistle, they always play to the last kick of the game, and it shows when you look at the time on the clock.

It doesn't seem to matter who wears their jersey, they'll always do well, and I envy that beyond words. Money doesn't buy you everything unfortunately.

And as well, it was like they were making a statement. It's like, it doesn't matter who you buy, we're still United, we'll still win. We're champions, and we'll always set the bar.

We might have forked out a load of money on superstars, but someone will always do it for them, be it Rooney or Cleverley, Smalling, etc. Each player is as important as the other when they've the jersey on. Be it Rooney or that lad Jones.

It was only the community shield, win or loose, but I'd rather have us shown up and thought a lesson now, than them do it again in the season that's to come. And I hope, I know we'll learn from it.

And I'd also like to add that it's good to see a lot on here taking this the way it should be taken, beaten by a better team on the day, simple as, no excuses, just outplayed. I miss that attitude, and sadly you don't usually get to see it, especially if it's a loss against the Rags.

Hopefully our lot will realize that they've to work hard, not just turn up to get their pay.
We've a positive season ahead, but a lot of learning to do, and we were owned today, simple as. Hopefully it will be a valuable lesson. You learn nothing from winning. This will make us a better team. Winning would have done nothing but worsen the false sense of security that these players have.

You would think we just took our players out of a thousand year deep freeze the way some lads are blaming match fitness.

Mancini is known for hard training so the points about them looking fitter kinda get me, not the posters themselves. It is annoying if we are behind them fitness wise because i want some fooking answers why thats the case. We have had nothing to stop us being just as match fit and ready.

If this lethargic attitude continues i want to see pay severly docked, they get millions so the least they can do is be fucking ready.

chase of spades said:
Christ,what will happen on here if we lose to swansea next monday!?!

People will be killing each other,

No doubt swansea will be up for it!

Im not saying i think we will lose im just asking before i start getting shit lol

It wasnt the result that annoyed, it was the performance. If they put that in against Swansea the crowd will righfully be on their back's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.